DJI Go Update

Reaction score
I haven't flown my Phantom 4 for a few months and am aware of the firmware issues, so for the time being I have avoided updating software.

Today I decided to fly the drone and went to charge up everything. Unknowingly my ipad had automatic updates set and the DJI Go app updated itself. I have not updated the firmware.

Question, can I fly with the latest DJI Go update and firmware that is nine months old? If not, is there a way to go back to an older DJI Go update?

Thanks for your help!

Sorry but I can't answer that but I would quickly switch to Litchi and hopefully avoid any DJI mistakes. I have not updated my firmware since November when I switched and Litchi has performed perfectly in my P4.
Good Luck
Jim
WA5TEF

Sorry but I can't answer that but I would quickly switch to Litchi and hopefully avoid any DJI mistakes. I have not updated my firmware since November when I switched and Litchi has performed perfectly in my P4.
Good Luck
Jim
WA5TEF
Thanks for the response. Since I am already familiar with the DJI Go I am more comfortable if I can fly the drone today using DJI Go. I hope this is the case... I want to get some footage this afternoon.

Thanks for the response. Since I am already familiar with the DJI Go I am more comfortable if I can fly the drone today using DJI Go. I hope this is the case... I want to get some footage this afternoon.
If you're on Android you can delete the existing dji go app from your device and then follow the 'sideloading' route detailed here How to install rollback DJI Go app

Instead of the app for a P3, you will need an older version of dji go for a P4, whichever version you want, which you can find here:- DJI GO 4--For drones since P4 APK Download - Free Video Players & Editors APP for Android | APKPure.com

I have been flying with the updated Go app and not the latest firmware. I get a restricted flight notice on startup but I just x it out and it flies normally.

I have been flying with the updated Go app and not the latest firmware. I get a restricted flight notice on startup but I just x it out and it flies normally.
OK - If this is all I need to do then I may try this.

I am so pissed off at this company I'm seriously thinking of selling my Phantom 4 and getting something else more reliable. There are many more options out there now. I think DJI missed an opportunity to keep loyal customers purchasing their products.

The updated DJI Go App does not have an option for Phantom 4 in the start up. It has options for Inspire and other models. What is up with that?

I just got an iPad Pro. I have been using Android up until now. I had to download the newest DJI Go app for ios. I'm using it now with AC and RC firmware from like December. Despite that it gives me a warning about altitude and distance being restricted it flies fine.. Without any restrictions. Not sure why I get the warning.

Really, mine does. Try reloading the app.
I see what happened - it moved the app from DJI Go to DJI Go4.

I installed it and fired up both the aircraft and the remote. The screen has a lot of N/A on the screen and it says "disconnected." I do not see a switch to go to camera mode and there is no visual from the camera. Any ideas as to what I need to do to get this connected?

I'm lost as to what is going on. I am so frustrated with this thing!

Thanks

Try turn off everything and try again. If that doesn't work try to link the AC to the RC again.

The connection is automatic. What you're seeing is what one would see if you just started the app but didn't turn on the remote and AC. Or if you didn't plug in the USB cable.
Some have had problems with certain USB cables. You might try a different cable and of course rebooting everything.

Geo

Reactions: Samuraiz
The connection is automatic. What you're seeing is what one would see if you just started the app but didn't turn on the remote and AC. Or if you didn't plug in the USB cable.
Some have had problems with certain USB cables. You might try a different cable and of course rebooting everything.

Geo
Update: I rebooted and now I get a camera picture and connection. Thanks. But now the photo button is not red and I cant seem to get to the camera menu to look at the settings. Is there a suggestion on where the camera settings are at how to enable the shutter button?

Thanks.

Update:

I was able to cycle the DJI GO4 App and now everything seems to be fine. I'll try and fly tomorrow. Thanks everyone for the help.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT