DJI Care Refresh or other?

Reaction score
I recently sold my P3P and am looking to purchase the Mavic (it's portability really entices me).

That said, I see that DJI offers the DJI Care Refresh as an internal insurance policy. Is it any good? Better or worse than insurance cover that can be purchased elsewhere?

I appreciated any feedback.

Sent from my Pixel XL using PhantomPilots mobile app

I recently sold my P3P and am looking to purchase the Mavic (it's portability really entices me).

That said, I see that DJI offers the DJI Care Refresh as an internal insurance policy. Is it any good? Better or worse than insurance cover that can be purchased elsewhere?

I appreciated any feedback.

Im wondering about this too - i see they cover water damage too now as of December!

State Farm Insurance will cover drones on a Personal Articles Policy. Covers damage, loss, theft for $60 a year with $0 deductible.

Reactions: JWhitaker
What if I don't have state Farm for any other policies?

I've heard some people say they were able to get a "stand-alone" policy. However, my agent told me I had to have my homeowners with them in order to get the Personal Articles policy. Not sure if that was true or if they just want me to switch my homeowners and auto to them.

Does this change for different UAS? Is it more costly for a P4P than P3S?

Do they ask about modifications?
Nope. As long as it is under 55 lbs., same cost. They did not ask about any mods. Only asked if the camera was already attached at the time of purchase, for a copy of the receipt and serial number.

Nope. As long as it is under 55 lbs., same cost. They did not ask about any mods. Only asked if the camera was already attached at the time of purchase, for a copy of the receipt and serial number.
Sounds easy peasy lemon squeezy then.

Well ive got an email reply from DJI and found out what I need to send them in a video to prove my drones working fine as its been 48hrs since activation.

Bit unsure about one test though, I have to fly it 120m altitude with 200m distance :eek:. My max altitude so far has been no higher than 30m as I feel thats high enough for a beginner. But want to get the cover asap :(

Well ive got an email reply from DJI and found out what I need to send them in a video to prove my drones working fine as its been 48hrs since activation.

Bit unsure about one test though, I have to fly it 120m altitude with 200m distance :eek:. My max altitude so far has been no higher than 30m as I feel thats high enough for a beginner. But want to get the cover asap :(
The State Farm Insurance plan is cheaper, if it is available in your area. $0 deductible, full replacement cost if damaged, lost or stolen.

The State Farm Insurance plan is cheaper, if it is available in your area. $0 deductible, full replacement cost if damaged, lost or stolen.

Yeah i saw the posts but unfortunately I'm in the UK so don t think we can get this out here.

I believe the policy is underwritten by Lloyd's of London. I would think there'd be some type of coverage available in the UK.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94