DJI 18A ESC NEED HELP

Reaction score
After my FC40 did a fly-away I thought I would try a different route. After a couple of failed EBAY deals I figured I would salvage what I could and try a DIY. Now being a newbie I am probably over my head. I have 4 motors, only markings on them is (readytoflyquads). Tried their website and not much info. I have the DJI 18A opto ESC's. Three ports labeled U,V,W, ???
The motor has three black wires? Any ideas on are the compatible and if so how to hook them up. The motors do bolt up to the 450 frame that I am using.

Doesn't matter. Hook up all three and see which way the motor spins on arming. If it spins the wrong way, swap any two of u, v, w, and it should reverse the spin direction.

Thanks, one more question. What size bullet connector for the motor wires should I get to fit these port?

Thanx,
Mike

mrself58 said:
Thanks, one more question. What size bullet connector for the motor wires should I get to fit these port?

Thanx,
Mike

I would put 3.5mm on them. For the size of motor you are talking about, you could probably get by with 2.5 mm or smaller (2.5 mm will take up to about 16 gauge wire). Just depends on what you want it to look like and if you have room to stuff the wires. I like bigger ones because they are easy to work with and take a beating - and are fairly assured of carrying any amperage you are passing. If you are buying through eBay, 3.5 mm are plentiful and it is easy to get good deals. Another plus for 3.5 is that many ESC/motors are delivered with them so you might get lucky when you have to replace something.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl