Disabling Speaker on Phantom

Reaction score
Can you disable the speaker on the Phantom?
I'm talking about the start up beeps.
I am tired of 30 kids running to me every time I start my bird.

Thanks!

It don't have speakers - its the motors/esc's that make the beep noises !!!

Reactions: Mako79
There are no speakers on the Main board, NAZA or ESC.
DJI has creatively made the motors become active speakers (magnets). The beeping tunes can be changed by reflashing the ESC with a custom firmware (not sure who can do this).

The beeping tunes can be changed by reflashing the ESC with a custom firmware (not sure who can do this).

Is it THAT annoying that one would want to futz with installing custom firmware though? It's not like it stays on constantly...

Is it THAT annoying that one would want to futz with installing custom firmware though? It's not like it stays on constantly...
Ya, I would not want to do that, unless it was easy.

I just find it annoying, (as I am sure my neighbors), of that darn beeping noise.
And then to have all these kids running to me when I want to be concentrating on flying.

Thanks for all the replies!

And then to have all these kids running to me when I want to be concentrating on flying.

Well, that's what comes with flying a quad. Curiosity drives them to you. Please don't misread my tone, but either you learn to fly with them around you, talking as you fly... or politely tell them they can watch, but please don't disturb you while flying, tell them you can answer all of their questions when you are done. And I'm sure they'll have plenty of questions!! :)

Well, that's what comes with flying a quad.
But do all quads make that noise?
My other one doesn't.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind hanging out with kids while flying.
But sometimes I am just doing a quick flight or test and it does not need to be a public event.
Kill the beeping noise from the Phantom, problem solved!

The Phantoms do, but not sure about others...

It's kinda like the Mac startup tone... it doesn't really have to make that sound, but it does, and it's actually for a self-test of sorts... if you don't hear it, then there's a problem. I've been in open fields, and to me its not that loud. But I'm in my basement right now, and if I turned it on now, yea, it's gonna wake the family probably.. lol

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT