Direction

Reaction score
New pilot here, well have had the aircraft a while just haven't had enough good weather to fly much. I'm old enough that my eyes aren't what they used to be even with glasses.

Just wondered if any of the more experienced pilots had a good way to keep track which is the front and back when it is out a few hundred feet, probably be easy at night when the lights would show up better.

Thanks.

You can use the attitude indicator in DJI GO to figure out which direction your Phantom is pointing. Here are a few videos that explain how to use the attitude indicator:

If you're using the map in DJI GO, you could also look at the red aircraft symbol on the map.

Reactions: weldor
You can use the attitude indicator in DJI GO to figure out which direction your Phantom is pointing. Here are a few videos that explain how to use the attitude indicator:

If you're using the map in DJI GO, you could also look at the red aircraft symbol on the map.
Thanks
I forgot about being able to view the map full screen. I'll try that.

Just wondered if any of the more experienced pilots had a good way to keep track which is the front and back when it is out a few hundred feet.
The radar display shows everything you want.
Experiment a little to see how it displays where your Phantom is and which way it is pointing.
i-5cfZZ9H-M.png

I had the same problem, then I figured out using course lock I did not have to worry about it, check it out!

Also if you are standing and visually look at your drone in the sky. I use propeller guards of different colors to see which is the back and the front. White in the front, Red in the back. The trick is to use a color that is contrasting with your vision.

Attachments

• IMG_5990.JPG
    IMG_5990.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 207
The radar display shows everything you want.
Experiment a little to see how it displays where your Phantom is and which way it is pointing.
i-5cfZZ9H-M.png

I wish the camera view was this clear on the standard!! Wow

Also if you are standing and visually look at your drone in the sky. I use propeller guards of different colors to see which is the back and the front. White in the front, Red in the back. The trick is to use a color that is contrasting with your vision.
I have red and black guards. Really helps. I have a black skin on it that helps visibility as well.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT