difference p2 and ver 1.1.1

Reaction score
difference p2 and ver 1.1.1

hey everyone,

I thought i did a good job searching the difference but am i right

the only difference between phantom 2 and and ver 1.1.1

battery
blade 8 verse 9

it looks like the ver 1.1.1 has been upgraded with new controller and control board Naza-M V2 Autopilot with Failsafe

Im looking to buy the v2 with gimbal, but the price for extra battery is huge 150.

so if anyone answers these question i would grateful

I would like to have phantom with gimbal and a way to veiw from the ground
I own a gopro 3 black

any suggestions and recommendation would be greatly appreciated

The v1.1.1 and P2 are completley different. They do share the NAZA-M V2 but their controller boards & ESCs I believe, are different. As you've already ascertained, they both use different batteries and props too.

The batteries for the P2 are expensive but they aren't 'just' a battery as they were in the original Phantom / v1.1.1. They are intellegent in as much as they are able to load balance at charge and discharge as well as being able to monitor and report their own 'health'. They may be a little pricey but they are worth it.

If you have the GoPro then the Phantom 2 + Zenmuse H2-3D ginbal is the one for you. It's built for that camera and so is perfectly balanced. Again, you can buy cheap rubbish gimbals of eBay but there are plenty of stories on here about how terrible they are. You'll need an FPV setup to view from the ground.... flick through the forum, there are plenty of threads on this.

Try not to do things on the cheap with the Phantom 2, it's worth the investment to get the results.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl