Did my very first flight today... Guess what?

Reaction score
I'm still shaky from the experience... IT WAS AWESOME!!! I had some practice on smaller quad but this is ROYAL!!!
Just wanted to share my hapiness!!! My girlfriend didn't get it at first why someone would spend so much on this but when she saw the video I took she was speechless!!!

Alleluia! :p

Just be patient and take the time to learn how the Phantom operates and behaves in various wind conditions. Learn to be a proficient pilot.

Really ticks me off to see these YouTube videos of some schmuck unboxing a sophisticated Phantom and eagerly starts flying it within 20 minutes without learning about compass calibration, failsafe RTH, GPS lock, battery warnings, etc. Those are the jerkos who end up crashing into a large crowd and giving us all a bad name!

:|

Agreed. I have spent the last month watching videos and reading stuff here. I was well prepared and I knew exactly what to do when I opened the box!

It's nice isn't it :)

Although I was expecting you to say it flew away.

I'd strongly recommend that you download the "Pilot Training Guide" from DJI and spend at least a couple of weeks working your way through it before you do anything more adventurous. It'll make you a much better pilot and is time well spent.

mickey78 said:
I'm still shaky from the experience... IT WAS AWESOME!!!

You are at the beginning of a long - and sometimes quite steep - learning curve, most of which will be rewarding and a lot of fun. Take things slowly, continue with your research and allow both your confidence and knowledge-base to build. As you progress, you will be better able to handle the different levels of 'upgrade', eventually changing from Phantom mode to Naza-M mode, which opens up more performance opportunities, some of which provide extra safety and security, and others that don't but provide for more freedom when flying.

If you fly, you will get frights and you will get heart-stoppers, but move at the right pace and your growing experience should allow you to handle both with confidence.

Hi guy! I'm in your same condition!!! I have registered on this forum just a couple of days ago... i'm flying this amazing thing for about ten days using 2 batteries each day! I'm still scared to fly higher than 30 meters or beyond line of sight!!! :D

This thing is really AMAZING!!!

Anyway... i whish to share with all of you this information i found in internet: http://origin-www.swpc.noaa.gov/impacts ... ps-systems

Be aware of the geomagnetic storm that can shuffle your's phantoms gps module!!! Expecially if you are flying in Phantom mode wich doesn't allow you to disengage the GPS module at all....

I'm happy if i can help peoples to fly this amazing thing (for short TAT from now on... XD) safer and more stressless... ;)

I'm going to open a topic to share this info with more people... ;)

Yeah well first thing I did when I got it out the boz is update firmware calibrate and open naza mode! That is now out of the way no regrets!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing