Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Did I just ruin my upgrade board?

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Discussion' started by Danielhv, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Danielhv

I was working on soldering the battery leads into the board (this was the last thing I had to do of course) and after making the GND connection, I was working on getting the positive side in place and accidently popped the ground off the board. It pulled the wire and solder completely off. Just looked like a flat gray pad there.... Took me a sec to get solder to stick to the pad again but I got it to take and redid the connection. Everything powers up, and I juggled the GND wire with no change, just concerned I may have messed it up and affected the reliability of the connection. [POUTING FACE]

Thoughts?

2. Wedeliver

Re: Did I just ruin my upgrade board?

Maybe shoot us a picture. At this point if you have continuity and it wont fall off or anything I would think you are ok. Now if you crossed or shorted anything different story.

Now solder will only stick to metal and if you need to take a file a really clean where you are going to solder. You need to make the metal on the board shiny and bright, tin up everything and it should stick fine.

3. FredMurtz

Re: Did I just ruin my upgrade board?

Yeah what WD said, a pic would be great to show whether you have a good clean solder joint or what they call a cold solder joint (one that is not flowed correctly and easy to break).

I'm getting ready to install my upgrade board and your post freaked me out at first when I saw the title. :mrgreen: