Did I break my antenna?

Reaction score
I took my p3s to WY snowmobiling in February and got some fun footage but had a small incident with a tree. It never crashed and flew for another 5 minutes so never thought any more about it. Fast forward to this week which is the first time I've flown since then and my range around home is only 1500 ft where it used to be 4000 easily. The remote signal on my screen flutters from full to nothing constantly.
Is this antenna supposed to have a bare wire exposed or is it broken? Would this be causing my range issue? What kind of job to I have to fix it?
cb83ac63194a46ccdc261ad7e7ceff7e.jpg

It looks normal, here is a photo of a new one:
dji-p3-69-big.jpg

Reactions: dirkclod
Well that's good and bad, now I don't even know where to start diagnosing my range issues but I'm relieved I likely don't need to tear into my machine.
Any suggestions to look at?

Well that's good and bad, now I don't even know where to start diagnosing my range issues but I'm relieved I likely don't need to tear into my machine.
Any suggestions to look at?
What was the nature of your mishap? Was anything broken or replaced?

I was flying backwards too low and clipped a branch. The only reason I noticed it was the video feed spun around a few times, the it was back to normal. I inspected the machine after and didn't notice any damage. The two times I've flown at home since, it has operated fine with the exception of reduced range.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94