Diagnosing Camera-to-App Problem

Reaction score
My P2v+ crashed into a tall fence and came down pretty hard. The leg that holds the compass is a little mangled but still serviceable. The gimbal still works fine with no binding or overheating.

The P2V+ still flies well and all the basic functions seem OK. The only lasting problem is that the iPhone app doesn't show the camera image.

The app shows all the other indicators, including battery, SD card, GPS signals, etc. I can still control the gimbal and take pictures. I can even view the new pictures in the app's "Album" and they look fine. So, in general, WiFi transmission and the camera are fairly healthy. Just can't see the camera image in real time.

Yesterday, however, the app wouldn't show the battery strength or allow me to operate the gimbal/camera. So, I am suspecting an intermittent loose connection.

I'm about to open the P2V+ up; haven't done that before. I've watched the Youtube videos that show how to do it. Are there schematics that show the wiring? Or at least a photo that is annotated with the various components described?

Thanks,
Richard

There are two wires that attach to the wifi module, they could have come loose.

It is not hard top open it up -- it's the dis-assembly and re-assembly that gets tricky!

Well, I got the cover off the P2V+ and looked around. Didn't see any loose connections, but pushed on all the connectors I could see. Tried to power it up and verify the problem and, what do you know, it works fine now!

That happens a lot with all sorts of mechanical things...

Thanks for the help.

UPDATE:

No it wasn't fixed and now I can't get it to work at all. I read the thread about getting a new wifi module, so that's what I'm going to try...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl