Dbs on C controller vs stock A/B controller

Agree, the idea of any type of 'gain' antenna is to capture more of the signal of interest while blocking out extraneous signals such as from the side or back. At the same time, a properly set up reflector should enhance the signal strength in the direction of interest. Biggest problem with any discussion like this about whether a particular mode does or does not help is the total lack of control on the test environment. Without it, no way to repeat tests and you wind up comparing 'apples to cumquats'
Totally agree, but to say it reduces the signal quality is, under the laws of physics I'd say, is simply not possible?

Maybe I should qualify the remark. There is no DOUBT it enhances signal strength. Drone signals.. sure, but they are not limited to only that. Every OTHER signal, including interference and EMF are ALSO strengthened.

Call it "tripe" if you will, but for flight purposes, it doesn't really matter if your drone signal is stronger if interference is also being strengthened and "drowning" it out. That can equate to no increase.. or even a decrease in reception and range.

You can argue all you want about how a windsurfer will increase signal strength. You wouldn't be wrong. In Practical terms, and keeping it in context of drone performance though.. getting a signal to your drone and back to you... that doesn't always equate to improved range.

If it works for you, great! For countless others, they don't.

...to say it reduces the signal quality is, under the laws of physics I'd say, is simply not possible?

Must be reading the wrong books. ;) Different frequencies respond differently within a parabola. The interactions of various wafeforms, frequencies, modulations, etc. can have an adverse/cancellation affect on other frequencies.

Nuff said... I'm just hear to fly. Think what you will. ;)

Maybe I should qualify the remark. There is no DOUBT it enhances signal strength. Drone signals.. sure, but they are not limited to only that. Every OTHER signal, including interference and EMF are ALSO strengthened.

Call it "tripe" if you will, but for flight purposes, it doesn't really matter if your drone signal is stronger if interference is also being strengthened and "drowning" it out. That can equate to no increase.. or even a decrease in reception and range.

You can argue all you want about how a windsurfer will increase signal strength. You wouldn't be wrong. In Practical terms, and keeping it in context of drone performance though.. getting a signal to your drone and back to you... that doesn't always equate to improved range.

If it works for you, great! For countless others, they don't.
I totally agree; it's a signal enhancer and, as such, it doesn't amplify the signal, and I don't believe I said it did. But it does concentrate the signals forward, which normally extend to the side and rear of the antennas, making the signal directional verses omni-directional.

Must be reading the wrong books. ;) Different frequencies respond differently within a parabola. The interactions of various wafeforms, frequencies, modulations, etc. can have an adverse/cancellation affect on other frequencies.

Nuff said... I'm just hear to fly. Think what you will. ;)
Didn't say it that all frequencies react in the same way. I've had poor experiences in a couple of locations and using a windsurfer has dramatically improved the signal of my flights in both.
I'm here to do that too..;)

it's a signal enhancer... But it does concentrate the signals forward
Very true! If you are flying in a fairly "clean" signal area, it will increase signal strength, help block signals outside of your antenna's "view" and can give you quite an extended range. Not everyone flies in "clean" signal areas though.

They will ALWAYS improve transmission, but that doesn't mean that they will necessarily still be able to "punch" through extremely heavy band traffic, and doesn't do anything to make the drones signal directional either. Have to receive as well as transmit.

If it works for you.. that's great! You're not alone. But for many, they won't. And they aren't wrong either. ;)

Fly on!

Very true! If you are flying in a fairly "clean" signal area, it will increase signal strength, help block signals outside of your antenna's "view" and can give you quite an extended range. Not everyone flies in "clean" signal areas though.

They will ALWAYS improve transmission, but that doesn't mean that they will necessarily still be able to "punch" through extremely heavy band traffic, and doesn't do anything to make the drones signal directional either. Have to receive as well as transmit.

If it works for you.. that's great! You're not alone. But for many, they won't. And they aren't wrong either. ;)

Fly on!

The point I was making, is that it a windsurfer will not ever reduce the transmission signal and yes, of course, it doesn't make the drone signal more directional.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT