day2: P4P ripping around Alberta foothills to the Rockies

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Opening shot is a -1:1 reverse shot, to keep props out of my view as I hit 82 kph. This is the only speed editing done in these shots. Fairly haphazardly cut down and thrown into sequence. No real narrative. Sorry I haven't taken more time to edit yet.

This was mostly a training exercise, putting the aircraft through her paces. I learned a few things. In terms of camera movement, I needed to lower expo for yaw even further. I have since done so, but I still wish I could turn it down more. It would be nice also to have a "rate" coefficient I could apply like I could with a racing quad in BetaFlight. No exponent, just a linear coefficient.

I also learned a bit about range in varying terrain. It took me a while to find some open country where I had decent LoS. Unfortunately I'll be stuck in valley floors for the most part until weather gets better for a while. Really looking forward to summer though when I can get high up on ridges and peaks for some really epic shots.

Most of what I learned was about my personal "outdoors gear setup" when carrying a drone, landing tarp, and anything else I wanted into the bush for a few km in weather below freezing. I may put together a more vlogg-ish video of ideas about that setup down the road.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen