Damaged UK adapter/plug, not a genuine DJI part?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I purchased a DJI Phantom from a UK dealer recently, but I’ve had a whole host of problems with them – I suspected what I received was a 2nd hand/return model based on its condition and missing parts (such as no transmitter!) - so I exchanged it for a brand new model.

The new one arrived with a damaged UK adapter plug, which is clearly very cheaply made. I suspect this is not a genuine DJI part and if so then I’m concerned about the rest of the quadcopter, particularly with safety issues.

To be clear, the damaged part is the largest of the three included plugs/adapters, with three pins designed for UK wall sockets.

I'd appreciate it if someone could post a photo of a genuine UK adapter for comparison, and/or serial number (mine has a number on the underside). DJI don't seem to want to give out this information, instead asking me to send photos to them.

Either DJI have cheaped out on the adapter or I'm not dealing with a reputable supplier, so I'd rather not mention where I bought it until I know for sure.

Thanks in advance!

Mine is black, is very light, and has no markings except a CE mark and a "no landfill" symbol on the right of the 3 pin side and the following on the left: JHD-9624 125V/250V 6A

Mine was a brand new sealed box, one of the first batch in the UK on 30th October last year bought from www.firstpersonview.co.uk (who I highly recommend, by the way!) and was what was being supplied at that time.

Thanks for your help, I have the same part number so it looks like mine is a genuine adapter.

It's sad that DJI have cut corners with this part to save on costs, especially considering the Phantom isn't exactly cheap, and the batteries can be dangerous.

animrshaw said:
Thanks for your help, I have the same part number so it looks like mine is a genuine adapter.

It's sad that DJI have cut corners with this part to save on costs, especially considering the Phantom isn't exactly cheap, and the batteries can be dangerous.
If you are in UK cut off 2 pin plug and fit a 3pin square with a 3amp fuse, done this with a few with USA and German plug's.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94