Custom Made ND filter no added weight Updated with Comparison Photos

Hey data I would love to purchase a set sent you PM hopefully I can finally get on that list
Cheers

Reactions: AgentOrange2015
I tried on this bright day with 4k 24 fps, 1/100 sec. with the two ND filters attached (so 6 stops).
It's not so smooth as I expected. Do I something wrong or? My PC can handle 4K, so that's not the problem. I tried different players (VLC, GOM Player, Windows Media Player).

When I downscaled to 1080p 24fps, it is not smooth enough either.

I guess I will stick with 1080p 60fps to get the smoothest video. Let me know what's your opinion...
I'm a little disappointed in the P3P video smoothness. :(

I tried on this bright day with 4k 24 fps, 1/100 sec. with the two ND filters attached (so 6 stops).
It's not so smooth as I expected. Do I something wrong or? My PC can handle 4K, so that's not the problem. I tried different players (VLC, GOM Player, Windows Media Player).

I guess I will stick with 1080p 60fps to get the smoothest video. Let me know what's your opinion...
It does appear laggy. What happens when no filters and on auto settings? Lag still there? I watched at 1080p and can see it. I don't know why but for my ISP, 4K video takes a long time before it loads off youtube. I'm going to assume you are using the camera card that came with the phantom?

With no filter it is the same. Using the factory card of the P3. It is also the same when I shooting 1080p 30fps. Only 1080p 60fps is working for me for a smooth video. :(

With no filter it is the same. Using the factory card of the P3. It is also the same when I shooting 1080p 30fps. Only 1080p 60fps is working for me for a smooth video. :(

Ok, one other test. try some video at 4K. @1/50 ISO 100. No filter.. Even if it's too light. See if it happens. I am suspect that DJI sent these cards with data rates for 1080P. I could be wrong, but look at the specs of the card they send. Here's a review. http://www.legitreviews.com/lexar-microsdhc-uhs-i-633x-16gb-card-review_134645

Note that the write speed isn't the same as read speed and where the card did ok on gopros at 1080P.

When I switched to Sandisk Extreme pro (which is what I shot the video I posted) I didn't see any lagginess. Could be the factory card they send. I could be wrong.

Here's another that concluded write speed was half it's read speed
http://thepcenthusiast.com/lexar-633x-64gb-microsd-review/

I believe you need at least 30 Megabytes per second minimum sustained write speed for 4K. Might try benching your card to make sure it's doing what it should do.

Last edited:
I will try when I can, but in 1080p 30fps.. it's the same stuttering... The card must be able to handle 1080p 30fps right?...

Here's my own tests with crystaldiskmark

Lexar 633x 16 gb

Sandisk Extreme Pro 64 gb

Extreme (non Pro) 64 gb

So It looks to me from the tests that both sandisk have sustained write speeds over 30 mb/s, whereas the Lexar card does not.

Last edited:
Okay thanks for testing. I will order a Sandisk card and will let you know if there's difference.

I would like to buy a set of filters, please PM or Conversation or whatever so I will now how to order them. Thanks in advance.

Hello Dataway,
Please add me to the list to purchase a set if you have room. Thank you for doing this!

Will send a pm as well.
Warren

I have received everyone's requests and I have a list going for the next round of filters, I don't want to start taking orders until I have material in hand so early next week I will reach out to all of you that have contacted me for your set of filters...Thanks everyone and enjoy the holiday weekend

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bigdz

Nikon I'm using the the preset for power director you shared up on another thread that we were hacking around with, I am getting the same here it seems to produce the best result for some reason. I was watching Ralf's video and at the end he spoke of the effect we are getting. .
I'm inline for the next filter batch and will post before and afters with some of what he goes over. But it seems to be hit or miss for me.

Reactions: Dapering

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing