CSC vs LH stick down for 3 sec

Reaction score
Does anybody use the LH stick down method after landing to power down the bird. It seems more stable , also its the only way to hand catch at landing.

glee

Does anybody use the LH stick down method after landing to power down the bird. It seems more stable , also its the only way to hand catch at landing.
That's probably what most users do.
The manual is poorly worded when it comes to how to power off the motors.

glee

I only use CSC to start up, mainly because I don't do the auto takeoff thing. Then, hand catch and power down with left stick only.......never CSC to stop motors......ever.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: G Lee
Thx now would the LH stick down in flight cause the same problem as CSC does in flight?

glee

Thx now would the LH stick down in flight cause the same problem as CSC does in flight?
No ... DJI designers would have to be pretty dumb to make the normal method of descending kill your motors (and not tell anyone).
DJI designers aren't dumb at all.

Left stick down will only kill motors after the Phantom has detected that it has landed and been stable for 3 seconds with the left stick down.
This has been tested hundreds of thousands of times by owners of Phantoms.

glee
Pretty much EVERYBODY does it that way. A few have complained about tipovers when trying to shut down with a CSC.

Pretty much EVERYBODY does it that way. A few have complained about tipovers when trying to shut down with a CSC.
And I am one of them. When first starting with the Phantom I had a low battery auto land and panicking, I tried to use csc. You guessed it - tipped over, broke 2 props and scratched one of the arms. Mentioned the scratches because now 6 months later that same arm has cracks under the motor. Waiting to hear from DJI if that will void the warranty on getting the shell replaced! NEVER csc on landing!

No ... DJI designers would have to be pretty dumb to make the normal method of descending kill your motors (and not tell anyone).
DJI designers aren't dumb at all.

Left stick down will only kill motors after the Phantom has detected that it has landed and been stable for 3 seconds with the left stick down.
This has been tested hundreds of thousands of times by owners of Phantoms.
Thx sir

glee

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl