Crashed P4P - Sent to DJI for repair

Reaction score
Well yes... It happened to me. Lost communication with drone and it crashed. I think I had the RTH set too low and as it was returning it hit a tree branch and down it went. luckily I was able to find it and retrieve all parts. Gimbal snapped off, both landing gear cracked, battery fell out & all props were intact surprisingly. See pictures! DJI invoiced me $236, which I think is fair. Most of the cost was 2 hours of techs time @ $65 per hour.

Attachments

• 07DE89BC-8A37-4E80-98DC-86F732F3A978.png
    07DE89BC-8A37-4E80-98DC-86F732F3A978.png
    9 MB · Views: 290
Timeline of progress.

Attachments

• 2E8FEBB7-D053-4234-90C5-47AD3ADE61AC.png
    2E8FEBB7-D053-4234-90C5-47AD3ADE61AC.png
    305.9 KB · Views: 254
Breakdown of parts needed with price.

Attachments

• 28309D81-2AF3-4FF8-A5DF-A1F8E11FEF4F.png
    28309D81-2AF3-4FF8-A5DF-A1F8E11FEF4F.png
    614 KB · Views: 231
  • 88635AE0-6104-4601-868B-FECD9D8931E2.png
    88635AE0-6104-4601-868B-FECD9D8931E2.png
    499.3 KB · Views: 267
  • 124A046B-2A49-4059-8EEE-5642723477D7.png
    124A046B-2A49-4059-8EEE-5642723477D7.png
    515.4 KB · Views: 246
Reactions: RodPad
Sorry, wasn't my Phantom.
"Your luck same as mine one crash lots of damage." ;)

Rod

Reactions: Yosh2020
Got email just now that indicates they have begun working/fixing my drone. It will be shipped back to me in 3 days. Seems to be a fast turnaround. Will keep posted. Really just posting my experience and what’s expected if someone runs into similar issues.

Reactions: RodPad
One more update from earlier today. One more email received to say my drone was repaired and has passed quality assurance. And is ready for shipping back to me.

Another update email received to say my drone had shipped. Will update when received and have a chance to test.

Another update email received to say my drone had shipped. Will update when received and have a chance to test.
Eager to see if you actually get your original drone back repaired, or are just sent a refurb with a different serial number. Either way, it's an inexpensive quick turnaround to get you back in the air!

Eager to see if you actually get your original drone back repaired, or are just sent a refurb with a different serial number. Either way, it's an inexpensive quick turnaround to get you back in the air!

Actually since you mentioned this, I went back and looked around for the serial numbers. And they actually are sending a different serial numbered drone to me. I would of thought they would of told me. Not a big deal as long as everything works I guess. Definitely will double check when I get it back. Thank you pointing this out.

Refurbished units have an “R” on their serial number correct? The one they are sending does not have an “R” on any of the serial number.

Refurbished units have an “R” on their serial number correct? The one they are sending does not have an “R” on any of the serial number.
The replacement in most cases is a brand new drone, which is even eligible for DJI Care. With few exceptions, DJI no longer repairs drones sent in for repair. The create a repair invoice, which when paid, allows them to send you a new drone only, without any retail packaging and accessories. The ones with R are, in fact, repaired units, but are sold as refurbs at a big discount in retail boxes, rather than sent out as replacement drones.

Reactions: RodPad and Yosh2020
The replacement in most cases is a brand new drone, which is even eligible for DJI Care. With few exceptions, DJI no longer repairs drones sent in for repair. The create a repair invoice, which when paid, allows them to send you a new drone only, without any retail packaging and accessories. The ones with R are, in fact, repaired units, but are sold as refurbs at a big discount in retail boxes, rather than sent out as replacement drones.
Thank you clarifying this for me. This would be a good thing.

Thank you clarifying this for me. This would be a good thing.
It was for me! I just needed the camera repaired. They refused to repair the camera until I sent in the drone. When I finally did, they sent me a brand new drone with a new camera. Hope they do the same for you! Only downside, is the possibility of updated FW that may be on the new drone, which might have more GEO restrictions then the original, if you had deliberately not updated.

That would be awesome considering this was purchased second hand and could of contributed to my issue. Kept loosing communication with drone even when near it.

That would be awesome considering this was purchased second hand and could of contributed to my issue. Kept loosing communication with drone even when near it.
The drone I supplied was also one that I bought as a bare drone, which I could not activate because it said it was already activated. So, both problems got fixed simultaneously! ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl