Crashed my P4, now what?

Reaction score
I recently upgraded my P4 to the latest firmware. I noticed it wasn't as stable as before, even after recalibrating IMU and compass multiple times.
It seemed unstable and kind of jerky most noticeable in the pitch axis while moving forward at higher speeds.

So I took it out for some flights. I gave the forward stick command (full throttle) and observed it and confirmed my previous observations ( jerky , unstable). So I did that back n forth a few times along with other maneuvers.
One of those times, it just did a front flip and then more front flips all the way to the ground from about 150ft.

So I'm wondering if it was the firmware or me. I was in P mode the whole time. The maneuvers I was doing were basic stick controls. Is it even possible to make the P4 loose control in P mode?

I have a feeling after the firmware update something wasn't right with the IMU and then I added some abrupt maneuvers and it lost control.

The landing gear is broken. The gimbal frame is bent. Battery popped out slightly and when I turn on the aircraft, I see all kinds of errors pop up.

Have you guys ever had a malfunction due to software and had DJI take responsibility?

Have you guys ever had a malfunction due to software and had DJI take responsibility?
Yes -- assuming a malfunction can be seen in the DAT flight log.

If you'd like others to review your DAT flight log, upload it to dropbox.com and post a link back here. You can find instructions for locating your DAT flight log here.

So using assistant2, the AC doesn't mount any disk for me to grab DAT files which is odd because it use to.

Also I was able to find flight record on dji GO app and explorer the csv file. Does this file contain same information as the DAT file?

Looking back at the flight record on dji GO app, I clearly see that the record just stops recording at the point where the AC began to fall. It's almost like the AC lost complete connection with remote and just died. The last recorded alt was 200ft.

There are no flight logs inside of that file.

how bout this one. This is from DJI GO app

Attachments

• 2017-10-07_16-54-10_FLY207.DAT
    1.5 MB · Views: 353
The DAT file from the DJI GO app does not include the flight data from the Mavic. You can find the correct DAT file like this. If you're not able to retrieve the DAT file from the Mavic, then upload the TXT flight log here and post the link back here.

DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_2017-10-08_19-14-51.DAT

Here is also a DAT that came off the aircraft, not sure if it is the right one.
How do you view DAT files?
Neither of your DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE_XXX.DAT files contain a FLYXXX.DAT file. DJI certainly has made it difficult. Are you using the compressed file method described here
How to retrieve a V3 .DAT File
and, if so are you given the choice of including Vision modules and FC modules? It looks like you're not including the FC modules.

Yes I was able to retrieve DAT files a couple days ago.
Something is going on where the aircraft is not talking to assistant2 app correctly. I don't see the storage device from the aircraft like I use to. I don't think I will be able to retrieve the flight logs. The only thing I have is the flight log from DJI GO app unfortunately

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl