Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Crashed and Compass doesn't work

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Discussion' started by B2HD, Jun 4, 2014.

1. B2HD

This is my first post to the forum. I crashed my Phantom today. Nothing worked and it just beeped with no lights. Took it apart and looked around and rechecked everything. If i unplug the compass on the skid, it will activate and everything will run. As soon as I plug the compass in it starts to beep and no lights. I am hopping this is just the compass that needs replaced and maybe an IMU recalibrate. Any info or help is greatly appreciated.

2. B2HD

Ok so after all day of trying to figure this thing out, I downloaded all the software to the transmitter, re-calibrated the IMU and I'll be damned if the thing doesn't fly again. It has a little wobble which i suspect is from the slightly damaged props. So I ordered a new set and we will see how it goes. I will definitely take it easy till I learn to fly this thing a little better

3. ElGuano

Glad it's working again. If you want to post a screenshot from the Assistant of the IMU screen that shows the gyro/accell/compass mod values, we can let you know if they seem OK.