Crack after update - warranty expired day of...

Just an after thought.. It's really amazing that the motors on these guys are strong enough to torque the plastic until it cracks.. Pretty amazing.

Reactions: Timinator
You guys should be on DJI payroll as part of their firmware testing team. This kind of thing is nothing short of outrageous if their firmware update indeed causes something like this. Maybe their developers need to take a Hippocratic oath of sorts: “do no harm.”

Last edited:
You guys should be on DJI payroll as part of their firmware testing team. This kind of thing is nothing short of outrageous if their firmware update indeed causes something like this. Maybe their developers need to take a Hippocratic oath of sorts: “do no harm.”
I'm usually careful about updating, but I figured there wouldn't be any harm.. I need to do much deeper research next time.. Got tired of getting nagged to update my firmware.. Lesson learned, and thankfully nothing REALLY bad happened - except for a crack and a tab that apparently broke off and almost got hung up in my fan.. I had to take the bottom off to get it out.. Was a lot easier and more straight forward than I thought it would be.

Yes. Would be happy to help, Jack. Let me know when the obsidian arrives and you're ready to change the FW.

Just got the drone.
83bcdeb3f49c787be13b4bda274bbbe0.jpg
here’s the software it’s on. I would like to get it what you said. 0509

I would still register the complaint with DJI. If enough people do this, they may do something about it.

If you decide not to do it, DOWNGRADE the FIRMWARE STRAIGHT AWAY! The problem will only get worse with the existing firmware that is loaded in the aircraft.

Next step is to stop the crack from propagating. Perhaps get a new lower outer shell or use an epoxy to seal the crack?
LOL ,What is rolling back the firmware going to do ? I cant wait to hear this...:rolleyes:

Rolling back to 1.3.509 gives you freedoms that are extremely addicting. Be careful! If you do successfully roll back to .509, FREEZE it and never upgrade anything again. Then, simply enjoy!

.509 will let you fly higher, like this.

aea24dd8e24c47f5412a03747e2a77ce.jpg
This is what I am currently at right now. Am I good? Anything I need to do?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl