Compass in tablet..

Reaction score
Hello everybody, I have a burning question; do I need to have a tablet with compass in it to fly a Phantom 3 Advanced or Pro? I am asking because I'm looking to buy a Samsung Tab A 7" and doesn't come with compass. I know that the Phantom 3 comes with a in-built compass, however I got confused if the tablet should have one as well. I would appreciate if someone could illuminate me on this. Cheers.

Last edited:
Hello everybody, I have a burning question; do I need to have a tablet with in-built compass in it to fly a Phantom 3 Advanced or Pro?
No, A tablet with GPS is handy but not necessary.

Reactions: kiwinka74
Hello everybody, I have a burning question; do I need to have a tablet with compass in it to fly a Phantom 3 Advanced or Pro? I am asking because I'm looking to buy a Samsung Tab A 7" and doesn't come with compass. I know that the Phantom 3 comes with a in-built compass, however I got confused if the tablet should have one as well. I would appreciate if someone could illuminate me on this. Cheers.
Almost every tablet has a compass but the tablet you are asking about is an odd one as it has no compass even though it has GPS.

The Phantom has its own compass (and GPS) that it uses for all flight purposes, so whether the tablet has a compass or not won't affect your flight.
What it will affect is the display of the map and "radar" screen since the tablet won't know which way you are facing.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER

I think the 7' Tab A only has 1GB RAM.
Better to get the 8" with 1.5GB

You can get a compass app from GOOGLE PLAY. I have a Apple Ipad mini and had to get one from the app store. I agree with Meta4 about the radar screen and map not facing in the right direction

Reactions: kiwinka74
This SAMSUNG Tab A 7 works great for me and it has for almost a year and a half that i have owned it...i bought mine at "Best Buy" for $119.95.
I have not a one complaint and i recommend it as i also have a P3 !

Good Luck on what ever you decide to buy.

The Samsung Galaxy Tab A features a 7-inch TFT screen with a resolution of 800 x 1280 (WXGA). The Exynos 3475 SoC is under the hood containing a quad-core 1.3GHz CPU and the Mali-T720 GPU. 1.5GB of RAM is on board, along with 8GB of native storage.

This SAMSUNG Tab A 7 works great for me and it has for almost a year and a half that i have owned it...i bought mine at "Best Buy" for $119.95.

The Samsung Galaxy Tab A features a 7-inch TFT screen with a resolution of 800 x 1280 (WXGA). The Exynos 3475 SoC is under the hood containing a quad-core 1.3GHz CPU and the Mali-T720 GPU. 1.5GB of RAM is on board, along with 8GB of native storage.

Must be a newer model or different from the one here
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite 7.0 T113 (8GB, Wi-Fi, White) | Android Tablets |
That's why I went for the 8'

Almost every tablet has a compass but the tablet you are asking about is an odd one as it has no compass even though it has GPS.

The Phantom has its own compass (and GPS) that it uses for all flight purposes, so whether the tablet has a compass or not won't affect your flight.
What it will affect is the display of the map and "radar" screen since the tablet won't know which way you are facing.

Noted. Thank you!

Yes, it is a good sale here where I lIve that's why I had to ask. Cheers!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl