Compass errors recently - anyone else getting these?

I also have started to get compass errors since I upgraded my firmware to 1.09 but I only get them when my drone has its left hand side facing towards me , I have never crashed my drone and have done a compass calibration in the middle of the beach far away from anything and I still got the errors. Watching this thread for any answers before sending it back to DJI

I as well as other friends have not experienced this compass issue, I think that most of these posts are ******** per se. I say this based on my experience and real world facts. I am still wondering if this thread is a hoax those who have posted are playing along with the joke???
Seriously

Think you need to find out some facts yourself. !

Just because you or your friends have not had the issue does not mean it does not exist.

Its certainly not BS.

I had a compass error in flight couple months ago when it was 100m up in air, 700 m away from me.

I have had phantoms since the FC40 came out and its the first time I have had such an issue.

Reactions: scooot
Think you need to find out some facts yourself. !

Just because you or your friends have not had the issue does not mean it does not exist.

Its certainly not BS.

I had a compass error in flight couple months ago when it was 100m up in air, 700 m away from me.

I have had phantoms since the FC40 came out and its the first time I have had such an issue.

many folks feel that if it did not happen to them it must not really happen!

however the phantom 3 series alone has had 5 variations of RC.
Multiple generations of motors
many users are on various FW versious and app versions.

so not everyone is equal all the time when an update or change is made.

so to blindly say " I don't see this problem MYSELF "
therefore
it is not " real "
is rather foolish and shortsighted

I agree
recently certain units have had a rash of compass related complaints

I noticed a few problems with my p3a and other friends reporting errors atti mode breaks recently. As a pluck out of the blue could glonass GPS be the problem. I just wonder if the US and RUSSIA and having a sat war at the moment. Maybe pie in the sky I know but it is possible that this would be a answer to this problem

As @alokbhargava noted, we have seen a sudden spike in reports of P3s rapidly switching between ATTI and GPS modes often combined with an increase in reported compass errors. If you don't mind, would you please let us know exactly which versions of FW you have on your AC and your RC as well as which version of the app? Please just don't say "latest" since that leads to guessing. Since compass issues are so serious, we'd like to be able to find something common in all of these sudden reports. Thanks.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT