Colors messing up a bit?

Reaction score
Hello Everybody!

My P3A, used to have a CRASH back in the days. But it got fixed and it flies decently. Before the crash i used it just for flying, didn't pay attention much to the videos. Now i purchased a good video editing PC and now i am into it.

ONE thing, i noticed recently, maybe it's me, that something is wrong with certain colors sometimes, either they change the brightness or the tone a little bit.

Here is a video, where i think that the GREEN (the bushes and the trees, especially at 11 second mark) change the green tone.
This is D-Log shot, 2.4K video 25 FPS.

Maybe it's just me (since i'm a newbie) and all is fine with the camera. I just thought maybe its after the crash that this started to happen.

Thanks in advance to everyone! :)

I didn't see anything unusual in your video. What you may be noticing is probably due to changes in the lighting. As the quad rises, more of the sky comes into the picture changing the exposure. The angle to the light changes. And there's more of the somewhat hazy sky between the camera and the ground.

Reactions: t2adze
I don’t see anything wrong in Your video, mate, too - yes, a bit flat, but that’s the point to shoot d-log and do the color grading in post (the goal is to avoid blown-out highlights and no-detail-black shadows.

Regarding exposure changes - set all things manually (shutter speed, white balance) and, as the previous commentator mentioned, keep in mind, that after You take off, You get more bright sky in frame.

Reactions: t2adze
I don’t see anything wrong in Your video, mate, too - yes, a bit flat, but that’s the point to shoot d-log and do the color grading in post (the goal is to avoid blown-out highlights and no-detail-black shadows.

Regarding exposure changes - set all things manually (shutter speed, white balance) and, as the previous commentator mentioned, keep in mind, that after You take off, You get more bright sky in frame.
Thank you!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures