Cheap Ebay Gimbal ... My experience

Reaction score
I wanted a gimbal but not one that was worth more than my phantom, besides I would rather spend my money on new motors and such not a gimbal to keep the camera steady. So after reading all the confusion and complaints about the Ebay/Goodluckbuy gimbals I decided that it was worth a shot despite all negative I saw here.

I have to say I am very pleased with my results. The Gimbal came packed nicely in a box with everything I needed to get going. I had it hooked up and ready to go including tilt control in about 25 minutes. ( mainly due to the 4 screws near the landing gear, they are a pain to get out)

I have done 4 test flights and was very happy with the stability. It does jitter if you take it to far down but otherwise it works great. I used a small piece of 3M Velcro to hold on the FPV camera. ( I cant seem to get my go pro Hero 3+ to send video through the usb) and I can fly with my fatsharks and record what I am seeing with the gopro.

Bottom line if you are not looking to spend a lot on a gimbal then this is a great option. I can post the videos if you like though they are just flying around an athletic field.

Here are the videos:

Part 1
http://youtu.be/BJa6RHAAjNA

Part 2
http://youtu.be/szuQbnEVfSA

Buzzkill, what was the brand of the gimbal? Or the seller? I am looking for an inexpensive gimbal to get starterd. Thanks, zoom

I wouldn't mind seeing some video too.

If you've got any footage of hot naked ladies, that's cool. Otherwise, an athletic field will do.

I just got my gimbal in today and hope to install it tomorrow. I hope your 25 minute experience rubs off onto mine (i ordered a Beholder Lite Gimbal)

poostik said:
I wouldn't mind seeing some video too.

If you've got any footage of hot naked ladies, that's cool. Otherwise, an athletic field will do.
160446962.jpg

Was passing by and thought I heard hot naked ladies mentioned...

I was also looking into the eBay gimbals. Did it come from china.? What was the cost? Seller? Yes please share the video. Thanks

I got mine from someone in the USA emilyandgilly was the name. I looks and they don't have any listed right now. If you search DJI Phantom Gimbal or GoPro Gimbal you will find plenty to choose from.

As an update I removed the on board potentiometer and added a radio shack one mounted just under the antenna on the front of the controller. I may make a separate post if people are interested. I am uploading the raw video and will post a link when it finishes.

Still hoping to stumble across a pool of hot naked sunbathers in my flights but I haven't yet.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl