Case Club case for my P4P+

Reaction score
I got this from Amazon, delivered yesterday. I'd say it rivals Pelican quality. Very sturdy with gussets added for strength. Usually on every case I've ever bought, I've had to modify them some for batteries and controllers. Not this one. Everything fits perfectly, snugly, but not so tight you have to fight the case to get out the items. I like the way the top foam is cut back so pressure is not put on the attached propellers. Room for 5 extra batteries, extra props, charger, and tablet. The P4P+ controller fits very nicely with no binding, holes for TSA locks Also the two dessicant modules in the lid are a nice addition. When I close and snap the lid I can hear air being displaced. All in all, well worth the money in my opinion.

2017-07-04%2010.55.49.jpg

2017-07-04%2010.56.14.jpg

2017-07-04%2010.56.41.jpg

2017-07-04%2010.57.04.jpg

2017-07-04%2010.58.09.jpg

2017-07-04%2010.58.19.jpg

2017-07-04%2010.59.17.jpg

2017-07-04%2011.00.00.jpg

yeah, it’s the one i use. bought it so it’d be sturdy enough for checked luggage when i fly. no probs w/ the airlines so far.

8a9e6752666635fbdc7eb82b85d27403.jpg

Reactions: tpallred
the compact version is sweet too as that's the route I went and could not be happier with case club

Had this case for a year and a half now. It's a beast. No other case touches it for the price too! It's heavier but you won't break nothing that's for sure!

I have a Pelican 1510 that the quad can fit in, and it's carry-on size, but the P4 is a little taller than the P2V+ it was originally bought for

Trying to decide between this one and the compact version now. I like the props staying on in this one. I also like the IDEA of the wheels but aren't sure how many situations I'd have to need them. I also like the IDEA that it's airline approved for checked baggage (although all that battery space would be wasted) but again not sure how much I'd really need it. The big downside is that it weighs 20lbs empty. That's an extra 9 lbs to carry over the compact case, which manages to carry one more battery than the full-size model. You have to take the props off in the compact version but that takes less than a minute. I have a 2017 Ipad as the monitor. Mostly I'll be hauling it around in my van for commercial shoots. Has anyone had experience with both models?

Trying to decide between this one and the compact version now. I like the props staying on in this one. I also like the IDEA of the wheels but aren't sure how many situations I'd have to need them. I also like the IDEA that it's airline approved for checked baggage (although all that battery space would be wasted) but again not sure how much I'd really need it. The big downside is that it weighs 20lbs empty. That's an extra 9 lbs to carry over the compact case, which manages to carry one more battery than the full-size model. You have to take the props off in the compact version but that takes less than a minute. I have a 2017 Ipad as the monitor. Mostly I'll be hauling it around in my van for commercial shoots. Has anyone had experience with both models?
It is heavy man! I have the big one. But I'm not really carrying it for long hauls. Airport just use the wheels. Love props staying on too! I love mine a lot! Case Club with wheels.

Reactions: DaRana and tpallred
tl;dr Case Club full size case is Great, would buy again.Their customer service did right by me no questions asked. It isn't really that heavy IMO, loaded up it is lighter than a Pelican 1510 case

----

I have the big one. Case Club was awesome, too. I ordered it from Amazon Warehouse Deals, and I got a P3 case. The p4p fit but the battery cutouts obviously were wrong. There was a biz card in the case so I figured I'd give them a ring. Even though it was quite possibly not their fault (being Amazon Warehouse Deals they weren't actually the seller and it may have been Amazon's fault!) but they immediately shipped me out a brand new one of these and sent a call tag to send the P3 case back after I got the P4 case. Maybe they can introduce this concept of "Cross Shipping" to DJI support! :)

I've got a couple of Pelican's, I use 17" laptop Pelican 1495 case for my Mavic (if I ever get it back from said DJI Support..) with a full iPad mount i built into the case, and a 1510 for misc stuff like FPV goggles, DSLR + tripod, etc. As a note, even without the DSLR, the 1510, which is probably about the size of the compact Case Club case, is noticeably heavier than the fully loaded Case Club large P4 case.

I personally like the exterior finish of the Pelican's a little better than the case club plastic, but that's a SMALL criticism. Otherwise the Case Club's are great and much more cost effective - The inside is great, plenty of room to work with it, the larger size makes it quite useful as a launch pad (I don't try to land on it though ... dropped my Mavic off the side of the 1495 once trying to land on it!), I use the wheels and they work well, cutouts fit the drone and batteries well, and I like the extra space inside of the case for keeping my ND filters, log book, props, etc. The only thing I can't fit in the Case Club case is the Hoodman iPad two part sun shade.

Aaaaanyways

tl;dr Case Club full size case is Great, would buy again.Their customer service did right by me no questions asked. It isn't really that heavy IMO, loaded up it is lighter than a Pelican 1510 case

----

I have the big one. Case Club was awesome, too. I ordered it from Amazon Warehouse Deals, and I got a P3 case. The p4p fit but the battery cutouts obviously were wrong. There was a biz card in the case so I figured I'd give them a ring. Even though it was quite possibly not their fault (being Amazon Warehouse Deals they weren't actually the seller and it may have been Amazon's fault!) but they immediately shipped me out a brand new one of these and sent a call tag to send the P3 case back after I got the P4 case. Maybe they can introduce this concept of "Cross Shipping" to DJI support! :)

I've got a couple of Pelican's, I use 17" laptop Pelican 1495 case for my Mavic (if I ever get it back from said DJI Support..) with a full iPad mount i built into the case, and a 1510 for misc stuff like FPV goggles, DSLR + tripod, etc. As a note, even without the DSLR, the 1510, which is probably about the size of the compact Case Club case, is noticeably heavier than the fully loaded Case Club large P4 case.

I personally like the exterior finish of the Pelican's a little better than the case club plastic, but that's a SMALL criticism. Otherwise the Case Club's are great and much more cost effective - The inside is great, plenty of room to work with it, the larger size makes it quite useful as a launch pad (I don't try to land on it though ... dropped my Mavic off the side of the 1495 once trying to land on it!), I use the wheels and they work well, cutouts fit the drone and batteries well, and I like the extra space inside of the case for keeping my ND filters, log book, props, etc. The only thing I can't fit in the Case Club case is the Hoodman iPad two part sun shade.

Aaaaanyways
I lay my main Hoodman shade part right on top of the P4P in the case and it works perfect.

I lay my main Hoodman shade part right on top of the P4P in the case and it works perfect.

It fit okay for just the bottom part in the p3 case. I just got the proper p4 case today so I'll give it a try. The second part was too wide to fit between the props though I think. So far I've just been tossing the shade in the 1510 when I bring that, or I have a think tank laptop bag I sometimes use to bring travel tripod table top and it fits perfectly in there, and is easy to carry over the shoulder.

Ps KevMo I'm beginning to think of you look at our respective gear walls they'd look suspiciously similar. :)

Reactions: KevMo Photog
It fit okay for just the bottom part in the p3 case. I just got the proper p4 case today so I'll give it a try. The second part was too wide to fit between the props though I think. So far I've just been tossing the shade in the 1510 when I bring that, or I have a think tank laptop bag I sometimes use to bring travel tripod table top and it fits perfectly in there, and is easy to carry over the shoulder.

Ps KevMo I'm beginning to think of you look at our respective gear walls they'd look suspiciously similar. :)
I'm sure your right man. LOL. Yeah I keep my upper Hoodman piece in the car when I need it. I usually don't fly midday that much so I can get by with just using the bottom piece. I just got the brand new Tiffen ND Filters for the P4P too btw. Fred Hagen says they are absolutely the best quality ND you can get. Because they are totally neutral. Can't wait to compare to Polar Pro footage.

I'm sure your right man. LOL. Yeah I keep my upper Hoodman piece in the car when I need it. I usually don't fly midday that much so I can get by with just using the bottom piece. I just got the brand new Tiffen ND Filters for the P4P too btw. Fred Hagen says they are absolutely the best quality ND you can get. Because they are totally neutral. Can't wait to compare to Polar Pro footage.

Hmm. It's raining here then next 36 hours but I'll give the bottom piece on top of the p4 a try. I'm a bit overly careful still about putting too much pressure on the top which is why I hadn't done it yet. Plus it was the wrong case before so nothing fit exactly right. :)

Look forward to hearing about the Tiffen filters. I hadn't seen Tiffen had released any; wonder if B+W will get into the drone filter game. I got a cpl, ND8, and Vari-ND from Drone World - I think they might actually be Freewell black labels though the construction is a little different. I just got in the Freewell ND1000 but since it's raining I don't have close to enough light to test! I got a set of Freewells for the Mavic and I'm happy enough with them.

The drone world ones appear relatively neutral, I shot color cards with all of them a few days ago though so I'll make the profiles and check more carefully. Haven't tried making a video LUT yet but but dng profiles are easy. I bought a set of the cheap Neweer ones (nd4,8,16) to test, neweer is cheap knockoffs but some of their stuff is surprisingly good (like their arca Swiss brackets and plates) but these were laughable. The three filters were barely more than 1/3 stop difference ... not the supposed two stop range. I know I know, don't buy cheap glass, but every once in a while we need a reminder. :)

Got the wheeled Club Case. Smaller than I thought, which is good. Came with all the cut-outs removed except for those hard plastic dividers. Foam seems a bit flimsy where the walls are thin but we'll see.

Reactions: DaRana
Cool! Post some pics once you've got it all loaded up. I thought about the small one, but I love the big one. I'm going to invest in a good backpack rather than a small hard shell.

Cool! Post some pics once you've got it all loaded up. I thought about the small one, but I love the big one. I'm going to invest in a good backpack rather than a small hard shell.
It looks just like LSDMT's picture above. :p I have a backpack I use with my Yuneec Typhoon that holds the DJI styrofoam box and accessories so now I'm good either way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka