Carry-on case advice needed

Reaction score
Need advice from people with P2V+ since it is slightly taller than P2V (~1/2" or ~10mm???) My P2V+ unit arrives on Monday.

Options:
Nanuk 935 (7.5" high)
Pelican 1510 (7.6" high)
Pelican Storm IM2500 (Probably too shallow at 7.2")
Other 22x14x9?

Will the P2V+ fit in the 935 or 1510. Over-booked commuter airlines are strict.

thx in advance

I'm afraid the Nanuk 935 won't be deep enough. I have a 945 that worked for my P2V and also works for my P2V+.

sting808 said:
Need advice from people with P2V+ since it is slightly taller than P2V (~1/2" or ~10mm???) My P2V+ unit arrives on Monday.

Options:
Nanuk 935 (7.5" high)
Pelican 1510 (7.6" high)
Pelican Storm IM2500 (Probably too shallow at 7.2")
Other 22x14x9?

Will the P2V+ fit in the 935 or 1510. Over-booked commuter airlines are strict.

thx in advance

Pretty sure the P2V+ will not fit in the Nanuk 935. I had the 940 for my Phantom V1 and it was extremely tight and that had an interior height of 8.0"

From what read the tradecraft case will work for you. It's a really nice case. Will fit the +

PV2+ is exactly 7.5" height from base skid to top of prop nuts, so better any case with height >7.6"

Thank you for the responses.

I need an Airline friendly case that meets the 22 x 14 x 9 dimensions. Otherwise, I run the risk of gate or at the plane check-in with my local commuter airline when flights are booked. They check carry-ons since over-head storage becomes tight with booked flights. Although nice, the Tradecraft XRV is larger at 24 x 16 x 10. I have been looking at the popular cases available and majority are too large. I don't mind taking the props off for transport.

Any Vision + owners with an Airline size "hard" case that will squeeze into the carry-on luggage checker?

mem_ny said:
For carrying on smaller commuter planes, you want to consider the gopro backpack.

http://www.goprocases.com/images/produc ... n_WM.1.jpg

Dimensions meet your requirements.

Thanks for the suggestion. That is my fallback plan. Or, use my existing hand-carry luggage options with "custom" padding. Was thinking of trying my Thinktank International roller, but it'll be right at 7.5" and I hate reconfiguring the padding once it's setup.

I don't mind buying a dedicated hard case since I don't trust the 1%(?) of TSA or Airline baggage handlers. Also, can use it for my daily carry case, too.

I was hoping someone on this board with a Pelican 1510 or Nanuk 935 upgraded to the plus and has tried it out.

OK peeps, pop quiz question.... The cut outs below each motor arm, what are these for? My case has the cut outs on two but I can't figure out what for

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

David said:
OK peeps, pop quiz question.... The cut outs below each motor arm, what are these for? My case has the cut outs on two but I can't figure out what for

Each case has different cutouts, you didn't say what case you have.

I have a go professional case (hoping the vision plus fits it when it comes in) but this is the cut out that I can't figure out[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1397964560912.jpg[/attachment]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1397964560912.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1397964560912.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 616
Airline carry on size is 22 x 14 x 9. Some airlines allow slight variations of this size, but this should work for all US airlines.

An over-booked flight may warrant a carry-on baggage check due to limited overhead luggage space. If it doesn't fit in their check frame, it will need to be gate checked-in. I've never run into any problems with over-sized bags when flying First, but have had issues with over-booked economy and smaller commuter airlines. My LowePro CompuTrekker AW backpack barely fit depth when stuffed with my old 13" laptop and Cameras. I was surprised they asked to test it. (It was bulging quite a bit) I made sure my ThinkTank roller was International carry on friendly.

All mainstream DJI hard cases except the 1510, 935, or IM2500 are larger than regulation standard. Most times, you may not run into problems, but you take your chances.

I was about to pull the trigger on the Nanuk 935 when another poster confirmed the P2V+ indeed had a taller landing gear.

Again, looking for someone with a Nanuk 935 or Pelican 1510 for firsthand knowledge. If it's larger than, 22x14x9, no thanks. May only have a thin piece of cloth or foam at the motors and skids, but if it fits without compressing or binding, it may be worth a try.

Got my P2V+ in today. Did a quick flight in RTF mode and looks good so far.

Height is 7 - 7/16" (7.4375)
Length is 11 - 3/8" (11.375)

I've seen pics of P2V stuffed into a 1510 case, but the arms slightly overhung the bottom lip. 1510 is 11" wide.

I've found the HPRC 2550W at 20.08" x 11.22" x 7.83". Slightly larger than the 1510. Will need call to see if CAD dimensions are available. If upper lid widens out slightly.

Here's my P2V+ in the Tradecraft case formerly occupied by my P2V. Fits fine even though the legs are a bit taller.

Attachments

• IMG_2215.jpg
    IMG_2215.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 676

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94