Can I bring drone to Africa? Please enlighten me!

Reaction score
Hi, I am from Korea and have been traveling for 1 year and a half. I got Phantom4 about 2 months ago just seeking more fun. I have visited 10 countries with my drone so far mostly in Eastern Europe. I am going to go to Africa in March and wondering if I can't even bring it. I searched briefly and some countries have been banning drone flying. But, I couldn't find if bringing drone is also banned. If anyone knows well, please enlighten me! I am not going to Egypt with drone for sure and thinking starting from Ethiopia and heading down to South through Kenya, Tanzania, ...Namibia all the way down to South Africa. I will cross the border by bus or train except for Ethiopia(flight). If I can't go with it, I will have to send it back home in 10 days. Thank you for reading guys

Hi, I am from Korea and have been traveling for 1 year and a half. I got Phantom4 about 2 months ago just seeking more fun. I have visited 10 countries with my drone so far mostly in Eastern Europe. I am going to go to Africa in March and wondering if I can't even bring it. I searched briefly and some countries have been banning drone flying. But, I couldn't find if bringing drone is also banned. If anyone knows well, please enlighten me! I am not going to Egypt with drone for sure and thinking starting from Ethiopia and heading down to South through Kenya, Tanzania, ...Namibia all the way down to South Africa. I will cross the border by bus or train except for Ethiopia(flight). If I can't go with it, I will have to send it back home in 10 days. Thank you for reading guys

You are good in Ethiopia too!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hey Yousthe,

I am planning a trip to Africa in October and am planning to travel from South Africa to Kenya overland. How did you go crossing the borders with your drone? any trouble?

Cheers,
Laurent

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan