Camera

Reaction score
For the price dji charges for there drones
you would think they could pt a better camera on them
why don't they have stabilization on there cameras like a
gopro wouldn't that stop the jello or shaky videos.

For the fun of it i mounted my gopro hero 6 black on to my phantom 3 advanced and shot some video 1000 time better then the camera dji puts on the drone
i wish there was a mount to use a gopro didn't the phantom 1 have a gopro mount.

Um, what are you talking about?

All current DJI drones have very sophisticated active gimbals that stabilize the video. The cameras are also excellent with most yielding great 4K video.

Unlike the digital image stabilization of a GoPro camera, the gimbal actually stabilizes the camera in-flight and in real-time. The results are rock solid without any trimming. Trimming is necessary when using digital stabilization, like a GoPro does.

If you are getting jello or shaky videos then there is something wrong with your drone.

I agree. All of my phantoms, have amazing video and pictures. No wobble or shaking.
You gotta have a issue with your camera gimbal setup on your drone.

Reactions: bsartist
I agree with both comments here. The only gimbal complaint I (and many others have) is the occasional slanted horizon which I fix in post.

Your jello in your second video indicates another problem. You’re vouching for your shock absorber installation so I guess that’s not it. But that was what had caused identical jello for me. I hadn’t installed them properly.

Edit: may want to search the forums for “jello” and see what shakes loose.

I can’t imagine what you would be doing wrong. Unless you are crashing into trees or bouncing off buildings. As far as the vibration damper balls go, if they are not installed right, it would be quite obvious.(Camera hanging by less than 4 damper balls). Make sure you have two of the anti drop pins installed.
Is the drone flying smoothly? Not making erratic movements in flight?
Hmmm.

it fly's great going to play around with it tomorrow and post a new video

it has to be me cuss both of my drones do it the advanced and the 4k one so both camera cant be bad
i have the 2 pin in front left and back right
maybe the rubber shockers i got are just cheap maybe there to soft
trying to sell my 2 phantom 3 and get a phantom 4

Um, what are you talking about?

All current DJI drones have very sophisticated active gimbals that stabilize the video. The cameras are also excellent with most yielding great 4K video.

Unlike the digital image stabilization of a GoPro camera, the gimbal actually stabilizes the camera in-flight and in real-time. The results are rock solid without any trimming. Trimming is necessary when using digital stabilization, like a GoPro does.

If you are getting jello or shaky videos then there is something wrong with your drone.
:rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka