Camera shifts after IMU calibration

Reaction score
After successful calibration of IMU it is noticed that the camera tends to shift about 5 degrees to the left momentarily when I start up the P3P by pulling back both throttle sticks in the usual manner after which it returns to the original state of facing the front again.

At same time also noted that this happens whenever I push the left throttle to either left or right and the camera shift momentarily in that direction. however it always then returns to the original state of facing the front.

I followed up with a complete throttle calibration and yet the issue sustain. As the weather is not favorable for me to test the drone after these calibration I wonder what may happen once it takes flight in the air. Keeping my fingers crossed that all will be well.

Anyone help much appreciated.

I experience the small tilt as well. AFAIK, due to the position of the CSC, the flight controller thinks you are yawing and tries to compensate with the gimbal. However, this does not affect anything after takeoff. YMMV though; if it continues do a gimbal calibration and another IMU

Mine does also. It may be due to software. Seems there is an option for Gimbal "follow" or "FPV". I always thought it might be related to that.

Anyway it never bothered me so I never delved deeper.

Follow mode is what gives us as P3 owners super-smooth shots. FPV mode tilts the entire screen while pitching.

Reactions: Air Ontario
Thanks the immediate response by the way please elaborate on what does FAIK and YMMV means. Did you finally find a solution to resolve and stablise the camera at all. It is kind of distrubing especially when this does not happen before the IMU re calibration.

AFIAK = as far as i know
YMMV = your mileage may vary = your results may vary
Don't worry, eventually you'l learn to speak Forum-ish too ;)

I never found a solution, because the problem only occurs on motor start-up, so it's not much of an issue to me.

Thanks for forum-ish tips well I hope that all is well when I have the opportunity to take it to the air this week end cos read threads about some experiencing yaw drifting after IMU calibration.

Nvr know that IMU calibration is so sensitive. I carried it out as experiencing that whilst flying at times distance reading seems to be inaccurate display.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl