Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Camera requires upgrade?

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by stlblufan, Aug 5, 2015.

1. stlblufan

After updating my P3P to 1.3.20, I am getting an error in DJI Go that "Camera Requires Upgrade". However, everything seems to work normally, and when I put the firmware back in the gimbal, the resulting txt is to the effect that the firmwares match, upgrade cancelled. Light on the gimbal is green. Anyone experience a similar problem and/or have a fix?

2. Phantomsphere

Same **** problem except I never get to that yet. Formatted SD card downloaded new firmware.
    confirmed bin file on root SD card . Inserted card in gimbal. Powered up P3P update started green
    and red light flashing ok, so update starting. 35 min later steady green light on and beeps indicate
    update is complete. Upon checking pc txt. file says abort. I have done everything right but no update.
    Tablet reads on dji flight app updates required: rc needs updates, camera needs updates,
    see tutorials in academy. WTF ........Trying half the frkn day re formatting SD card start over same result. How do you watch tutorials in academy?

3. brushlesheaven

welcome back dji

4. dbphoto

I came to this thread because I was getting the same message. "camera requires upgrade".. I had just upgraded firmware on the RC and the P3. I went to apps on iPad . . I scrolled down and saw the last update was a week ago... lo and behold.. next to the update was a little box that says.. "OPEN" .. go figure.. the updated GO app solved the camera requires upgrade message.

5. Grumpy Raver

When you say you went into apps on the iPad, what did you mean? In the dji go app or elsewhere?

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

6. dbphoto

I meant in the Apps Store on the iPad and then where the djigo app had been updated. .

7. Grumpy Raver

Ah ok, thanks.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

8. HeavyHorns

how do you check what version you are running on the controller and the quad?