Camera "Operation failed" LED

Reaction score
Latley, since I downloaded 3.04, I get a red blinking LED on the camera indicating "Operation Failed". I have re-seated and formatted the SD card, removed reconnected the cable and checked the camera settings all seem to be OK, none of these fixed the problem. I know the camera works because i can take photos, the video doesn't work. Anyone had this problem and if so, what was the fix.

All of the firm/software is up to date and was successfully loaded with no errors.

This thing is kind of useless without the video capability.

Thanks for your time.

Paul

Did you at anytime plug in or out the power cable to the camera while the battery was turned on?

Uh huh. Unfortunately thats a big no no. I think its a fuse in the camera that gets fried but I'm open to correction on that. But its a very bad idea to plug the cable into the camera while the battery is on, taking it out not so much. Its either send it to dji for fixing or else someone else here that may have fixed theirs with the same problem but unfortunately thats above my pay grade. Hopefully it can be fixed quicker than sending it back to dji. Did you buy it off a dealer or direct?

I bought it from U.S. Hobby in Nevada, I'll check with them perhaps they can fix it I really don't want to send it back to DJI. It's probably a mini or micro fuse, if I can get some, I'd fix it myself. I should know better than to plug anything in with power on. I've got an electronics background but I haven't had a cold adult beverage yet today, my brain isn't in gear yet:).

Thanks for the info, with that I'll get to U.S. Hobby and see what they say.

Paul

Its some months back if I can recall the last time I saw a post on this exact same problem. You would have to trawl through this forum but it should be in there somewhere. Yeah just think of plugging speaker into a turned on amp with full volume. You're like me, I only do my best thinking when the beer is flowing. At the moment I'd give Steven Hawking a run for his money ;)

unfortunately there are no fuses inside the camera at all. and that cable carry's full unregulated power from the battery. It can also not only fry the camera its also enough amperage that it can even burn up the circuit on the board that the plug hooks in to on the main board in less then a second flat. so you might want to also open her up and look at the connecter on the board and make sure you didnt also fry the diode right next to that connector the cable plugs in to. Or any of the legs on the connector that are soldered to the board.

I wonder if it would be just easier and cheaper in the long run, to replace the camera?

J.James said:
unfortunately there are no fuses inside the camera at all. and that cable carry's full unregulated power from the battery. It can also not only fry the camera its also enough amperage that it can even burn up the circuit on the board that the plug hooks in to on the main board in less then a second flat. so you might want to also open her up and look at the connecter on the board and make sure you didnt also fry the diode right next to that connector the cable plugs in to. Or any of the legs on the connector that are soldered to the board.
Eeek :eek:
Good to know, thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl