Camera no longer connects

Reaction score
Unit worked fine couple of months ago, now the camera will not connect, controller connects and drone will fly but no camera. This seems to be a common problem of which I can find no solution. I have tried all the post suggestions (ie) reloading app ,new cable, factory reset etc. Nothing works! Also Phantom 3 doesn't even show up in Go... only Inspire. Have tried with my Android phone and Nexus 7 which both worked before. Does anyone know of another app I could try such as light bridge or litchi...any ideas appreciated. Also no new firmware has been installed which makes it even more perplexing ,it's possible that phone/tablet software could have been automatically updated but that never caused a problem in the past

Last edited:
Sounds pretty much like how I roll with my Android "junk" too. It worked for a while, and somewhere down the road in the GO-ville history of crummy updates it no longer does.

Fwiw, I just tried the new GO 4.10 in the S6 and it always says Disconnected too. Default opening is to the Spark, and I noticed they also removed the Inspire 1 as well which it used to boot to. In prior versions of GO 4, it might take 10 minutes before the GO would connect to the P4. Seems to get stuck on charging rather than using the data connection until it decides to change...whenever.

Personally, I would take Android and toss it in the junk and never use with GO. Java isn't playing nice with it and maybe why Apple uses less of that. The Apple iPad Air 2 I have always connects, albeit the video lag is beginning to show up in it too as GO 4 grows. Probably will need an iPad Pro later this year with GO 4.5 version.

Also, I noticed in my old Samsung tablet GO 4 will randomly try and connect to to the internet at odd times and fail without me wanting to even use it. GO 4 seems to have gotten into the randomware and background-running operating mode now as much of the Android crap. It wants to send out some failure log file when it does fail too. Android is just a mess and why they allow other manufactures (i.e. Samsung.) to further butcher it up is nuts. DJI - and anyone contemplating using Android with DJI products - would be better off ditching it if they don't want problems to arise down the road.

Notice too the "Recommended DJI Android" list is shrinking even with more Android devices appearing. They show the S6 as working, but mine isn't anymore. GO grows, and Android shrinks.

Thanks for the reply..pain playing musical chairs with tablets until I find one that works...this shouldn't be an issue with a $1200.00 piece of equipment!

Unfortunately this doesn't sound like a software or tablet issue at all. This sounds like a hardware issue. Have you had any minor crashes or even hard landings? You didn't say what P3 you have but on all models the video downlink board at the top of the gimbal can be subject to damage even during a hard landing. It's the nature of the design and I think DJI redesigned the P4 with this in mind. I've seen and repaired a number of P3's with this issue. You can only get the P3 4k board online now so you may have to bite the bullet and buy a new camera/gimbal.

Sounds pretty much like how I roll with my Android "junk" too. It worked for a while, and somewhere down the road in the GO-ville history of crummy updates it no longer does.

Fwiw, I just tried the new GO 4.10 in the S6 and it always says Disconnected too. Default opening is to the Spark, and I noticed they also removed the Inspire 1 as well which it used to boot to. In prior versions of GO 4, it might take 10 minutes before the GO would connect to the P4. Seems to get stuck on charging rather than using the data connection until it decides to change...whenever.

Personally, I would take Android and toss it in the junk and never use with GO. Java isn't playing nice with it and maybe why Apple uses less of that. The Apple iPad Air 2 I have always connects, albeit the video lag is beginning to show up in it too as GO 4 grows. Probably will need an iPad Pro later this year with GO 4.5 version.

Also, I noticed in my old Samsung tablet GO 4 will randomly try and connect to to the internet at odd times and fail without me wanting to even use it. GO 4 seems to have gotten into the randomware and background-running operating mode now as much of the Android crap. It wants to send out some failure log file when it does fail too. Android is just a mess and why they allow other manufactures (i.e. Samsung.) to further butcher it up is nuts. DJI - and anyone contemplating using Android with DJI products - would be better off ditching it if they don't want problems to arise down the road.

Notice too the "Recommended DJI Android" list is shrinking even with more Android devices appearing. They show the S6 as working, but mine isn't anymore. GO grows, and Android shrinks.

You are obviously a crApple man who has no real understanding of Android at all. Even the cheap and cheerful androids work with the DJI kit......

Reactions: GMack
You are obviously a crApple man who has no real understanding of Android at all. Even the cheap and cheerful androids work with the DJI kit......

Give your Android time. Both of mine worked a year ago, but now neither works nor connects to GO 4.1.0. One boots to a black GO 4 screen now or it will soon crash if it does, and the other always says "Disconnected." History was video lag, then crashing to a black screen, now "Disconnected" always.

Given the issues that appear on the forums, I'd bet that 90% of the problems are with Android devices (Even DJI's own P4 Pro+ screen.), that or old Apple devices.

Ironic how the iPad Air 2 always connects though. :)

Fwiw, I never liked Apple and preferred to stay with Windows on my 5 workstations and Android to start. But now I see the iPad working far superior to the Android system with fewer issues with DJI GO. Windows gets into problems being able to work - sort of - with many different hardware setups, but Apple seems to keep a tighter reign on their OS and apps and why it runs better overall than a multi-system OS like Windows or Android.

Reactions: Philltayl
Give your Android time. Both of mine worked a year ago, but now neither works nor connects to GO 4.1.0. One boots to a black GO 4 screen now or it will soon crash if it does, and the other always says "Disconnected." History was video lag, then crashing to a black screen, now "Disconnected" always.

Given the issues that appear on the forums, I'd bet that 90% of the problems are with Android devices (Even DJI's own P4 Pro+ screen.), that or old Apple devices.

Ironic how the iPad Air 2 always connects though. :)

Fwiw, I never liked Apple and preferred to stay with Windows on my 5 workstations and Android to start. But now I see the iPad working far superior to the Android system with fewer issues with DJI GO. Windows gets into problems being able to work - sort of - with many different hardware setups, but Apple seems to keep a tighter reign on their OS and apps and why it runs better overall than a multi-system OS like Windows or Android.

iOS and Android are both derivatives of the UNIX operating system.........DJI 'firmware' is also a UNIX based operating system. :) :)

Reactions: Clockman
Philltayl- Haha, you said it! You Apple snobs and Apple haters have much more in common than you think.

Unfortunately this doesn't sound like a software or tablet issue at all. This sounds like a hardware issue. Have you had any minor crashes or even hard landings? You didn't say what P3 you have but on all models the video downlink board at the top of the gimbal can be subject to damage even during a hard landing. It's the nature of the design and I think DJI redesigned the P4 with this in mind. I've seen and repaired a number of P3's with this issue. You can only get the P3 4k board online now so you may have to bite the bullet and buy a new camera/gimbal.
No..no crashes, was working fine ..put in closet and 8 months later doesn't work..guess I'll have to take it to shop for repairs [emoji17][emoji17]
P3 4K Pro btw
Also I understand what you're saying about hardware problem but why is p3 not showing up in app.. only inspire??

Last edited:
No..no crashes, was working fine ..put in closet and 8 months later doesn't work..guess I'll have to take it to shop for repairs [emoji17][emoji17]
P3 4K Pro btw
Also I understand what you're saying about hardware problem but why is p3 not showing up in app.. only inspire??

It's showing Inspire (Old one) as the hardware is not connecting to GO 3. If the connection is made, then it can identify the proper device when you select it.

In the latest GO 4 for later models than the P3, it will show the Spark now where it used to show Inspire 2. GO grows fast and leaves the hardware behind. GO 4 in the iPad is almost one GB in size now (Actually 856MB or so) once installed which is the hugest app I have installed. Fwiw, my iPad Air 2 is beginning to show video lag now so it's about to reach the end of its life pertaining to GO 4. An $$$ iPad Pro 9.7" or newer model may soon be in my future due to GO 4 growth - ugh! DJI is outrunning the current hardware.

Well took drone to Dr..... After downloading new software he was able to make connections, unfortunately there still was no image from camera, he believes that several gimbal overloads cooked board. Will be buying new mavic pro rather than putting $300 into this one[emoji17][emoji17]
MORAL OF STORY..AVOID THOSE OVERLOADS!
This drone had less than an hour of total flight time over 2 and a half years

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures