Camera is heading lightly to the left after turn on the phantom

Reaction score
Hi,
When I turn on the phantom 4, then the camera looks lightly to the left (about approximately 1-2 degrees). I've calibrated the gimbals and I'm using the current firmware.

I'm not sure, but I guess when the phantom flies straight forward, the camera is still lightly to the left.

Does anybody has the same issue?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

The slight movement when you yaw the bird is optional in the camera gimbal settings, you can turn it off. it called something like synchronous gimbal pan. When you arm the bird it does a small movement and is setting itself to the calibration values, but in flight it looks straight.(for me)

Hi,
When I turn on the phantom 4, then the camera looks lightly to the left (about approximately 1-2 degrees). I've calibrated the gimbals and I'm using the current firmware.

I'm not sure, but I guess when the phantom flies straight forward, the camera is still lightly to the left.

Does anybody has the same issue?

If it's just a 1-2 degrees off, you can leave it as it is. It won't make much of the difference. But if it keeps bothering you, you can adjust it by loosening the set screw using 1.5mm hex and setting the shaft sitting correctly and aligned with the set screw and tightening it back. See that the arm is in the middle and not touching top or bottom surfaces. You should have control over your hands to handle tiny things.

I suggest leave it as it is for such a minor deviations. Picture below shows the dark dot/hole on upper side of the Gimbal. That's a location for set screw which holds the yaw arm to the shaft.

4ce73672fba56c74825ea0e5dab17ed5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Mine is off to the left about 6-7 degrees. It's annoying but not significant. I tried all the calibration recommendations multiple times. I've not tried to physically/mechanically adjust it. I'm horrible with that sort of thing and don't want to make a mountain out of a molehill. I called DJI and after trying all the calibration efforts they said I could send it to them for repair. I didn't do it.

Im having a problem with my p4... after power ON its pan at left... anyone have any IDEA how do i fix it? I have done the all the possibility that can fix like calibration all , upgrade-downgraded, open part by part then fix it back etc etc ...
And i will not able to send it to dji as im from Bangladesh n its banned item here at airport :/

Attachments

• 20170115_001210.jpg
    20170115_001210.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 376
It's an easy fix, per DJI rep:

this issue may occur if the gimbal is skewed due to shaking in transportation, and the rubber gimbal ring moves towards one side. To fix it, while powered off, manually rotate the gimbal in the opposite direction of the yaw until it reaches its limit when power off. Several times the gimbal should be centered.

Reaz this might not work for you, that's pretty bad.

Last edited:
I am having exactly the same problem. My camara goes to one side and then disconnects, recording stops. I did a ground test last night and noticed that the internal fan stops at the same time, it then reinitialises itself and I can record until it happens again. I have three SD cards all of which have previously worked in the P4 with no problems, I have updated the firmware and checked for loose wires, I am still having the same problem.

There is a Youtube video of someone else's doing this, I will try to find it and upload it

I am having exactly the same problem. My camara goes to one side and then disconnects, recording stops. I did a ground test last night and noticed that the internal fan stops at the same time, it then reinitialises itself and I can record until it happens again. I have three SD cards all of which have previously worked in the P4 with no problems, I have updated the firmware and checked for loose wires, I am still having the same problem.

There is a Youtube video of someone else's doing this, I will try to find it and upload it
I have one that does that. If I switch from 30 fps to 24 it works ok. No a cure just an observation

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl