Camera hitting Gimble ribbon

Reaction score
The camera on my P3A won't look straight down. I couldn't figure out why, until I realized the camera is getting caught on the Gimble Ribbon. It just barely scrapes against it, but it's enough to stop the camera from moving past.

I got this drone second hand, but I was told it had never crashed. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a end user adjustment I can make, to fix this?

Thanks in advance, for any information you can provide.

Appreciate your response, but not sure how to apply the tape. In the image, imagine the camera pointed straight down. The camera where the blue arrow is pointed, hits the ribbon, where the red arrow is, before the camera goes to the fully down position. Where would you apply the tape? The gimble ribbon is already nearly back against the base. I don't think I can move it any closer. It almost seems like I need to shim the camera out a bit, but not sure how. Thanks again, for your anticipated response.

gimble.JPG

Some times a nice good close UP picture OR pictures will help us seek a good answer proper for a problem and help solve it a s a p for a person ! and not just here on this thread but any others too ! hope the rubbing issue is solved now !

LOL you read my mind....i posted and LOOKED Up and seen your great picture with the arrows !

LOL...yes...I realized it might take a picture. Not sure it's easy to picture in your mind, but when the camera tilts (or tries to tilt) in the full down position, is when they rub together. it's actually the BACK of the camera, where the blue arrow is, that hits the ribbon. LIke I said, almost like the camera needs to be shimmed out. I just wondered if anyone else had this problem. The clearance is tight on a properly working camera, I would guess. So I thought maybe because of that, others may be having this issue and had a fix.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Could that be the area on the ribbon cable that has the double stick tape on it?.........and its came "Unstuck" .....betcha it is !

and its allowing it to move around and cause clearance issues to camera .

like mentioned above...a small dab of glue or a tiny itty bitty piece of double stick tape carefully applied with a small screw driver should fix it OK !..and try really hard Not to touch the sticky part of the tape with your fingers when peeling the plastic off it to apply it...then press it tight with a Q tip..Hope this fixes the problem.

Great picture and i took it to the photo shop to fully bring out the details some more !
IMG_2419.JPG

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor