Camera Guard

Look if you want to hand catch that's fine. I usually fly off of grass and just was wondering , not debating hand catching.

Mori55 said:
Look if you want to hand catch that's fine. I usually fly off of grass and just was wondering , not debating hand catching.

lol dont get stressy m8 we just giving an alternative perspective on things

:lol:

Mori55 said:
Except for the very first landing of my Phantom (just to see what a ground landing looked like), every landing has been a catch landing. By the same token, when I have tried to a launch from the grass, unless the grass has been mowed very short, it interferes with the camera movement enough that I get a "remove gimbal lock" warning. The only time I will set mine on the grass is when the battery is off.

The camera guard is more than a guard, it's a handy mounting platform for future attachments. I am playing with an attachment to add a second camera view. By placing a mobius behind and above the Phantom I can shoot videos with the phantom in the frame. It makes for a nice addition to the regular video. I will have some video to post tomorrow.

A camera guard is a great idea. A little late for me. I landed on something that severed my ribbon cable located under the camera. I will have to send it in for repair. Downtime really sucks!!

Attachments

• photo (68).JPG
    photo (68).JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 385
Here is a short demo vid I made today. The camera is mounted behind and slightly above the Vision+

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PdEqOtA77Q[/youtube]

I received and installed mine a couple of days ago, much appreciated. It's beautifully designed and constructed, with a polished carbon fibre surface on one side. It's very thin, feather-light, flexible and strong. It came in a package with four small tie wraps and simple instructions: I almost felt the pride and passion of the maker in that little envelope. Sometime, these simple, quality solutions are the little things that delight us in life. Many thanks to the inventor / manufacturer!

Mlaudisa said:
I received and installed mine a couple of days ago, much appreciated. It's beautifully designed and constructed, with a polished carbon fibre surface on one side. It's very thin, feather-light, flexible and strong. It came in a package with four small tie wraps and simple instructions: I almost felt the pride and passion of the maker in that little envelope. Sometime, these simple, quality solutions are the little things that delight us in life. Many thanks to the inventor / manufacturer!
Ditto for me Fastsmiles! I have DIY guard in the trash. I trimmed the plastic web in the landing gear slightly, and perfect fit! :D thanks so much!

Mlaudisa said:
replace the ties with larger stronger ones and use 8 (4 on each side) to secure it. Trust me.

srandall25 said:
Mlaudisa said:
replace the ties with larger stronger ones and use 8 (4 on each side) to secure it. Trust me.

Anyone have any extra thicker zip ties they want to mail me? :)
I know they are cheap but I really don't need to buy 50 of them...

Mori55 said:
its fine that you can't land in the grass....HOWEVER since this was a known problem i think it should have been disclosed...Would have saved me two props that got damaged by tipping over....

cappy24 said:
its fine that you can't land in the grass....HOWEVER since this was a known problem i think it should have been disclosed...Would have saved me two props that got damaged by tipping over....
I'd rather have a couple of damaged props but a protected gimbal/camera ;)

And if you fly from grass, just get a piece of plywood (50cmx 50cm or less) that you use as an "helipad/quadpad" and you're all set. You may even improve your pilot skills while precision landing on your custom "quadpad" :mrgreen:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor