camera connection fails when engines engage

Reaction score
out the box P2V+, everything working great flight-wise, and set-up. Video feed comes up on app (iPhone 5c), however every time I engage the engines, image goes grey, freezes and "connection the phantom failed" message appears. wifi still connected, had lots of great flights, but no app connection in flight.
called Austin service desk and advised to re-bund. I did that and had video connection very briefly with engines on, but never more than a few seconds. before engines started, I can take pictures and video from app. Any suggestions appreciated!
Puzzled in New Orleans

What preview quality are you using ? Try it at the recommended default of 320x240 15fps.
Also, are you running the latest firmware for all devices ?

harbourside said:
What preview quality are you using ? Try it at the recommended default of 320x240 15fps.
Also, are you running the latest firmware for all devices ?

Harbourside, Thanks for the suggestions! I have not changed any preview settings, but will investigate. I can't find them on the app "settings". Where are these located? (very new to this). I will also read up on syncing the firm-ware. I tried yesterday, down-loaded the dji software and it looks like everything is up to date. love this forum!

Preview quality is set in the camera settings page on the app, but if you have not played with it then it will be set at default.
I have not had any trouble with my phone (android) but I have seen people struggle with connection if they are not running all the latest firmware.
You need - PT2 3.2 Assistant for the Phantom which will give you 3.06 firmware, RC assistant for the transmitter, 1.52g for the camera and the DJI app should be 1.0.52.
If you connect the phone to the Phantom you can check what versions are installed by going to settings / about, that will list them.

harbourside said:
Preview quality is set in the camera settings page on the app, but if you have not played with it then it will be set at default.
I have not had any trouble with my phone (android) but I have seen people struggle with connection if they are not running all the latest firmware.
You need - PT2 3.2 Assistant for the Phantom which will give you 3.06 firmware, RC assistant for the transmitter, 1.52g for the camera and the DJI app should be 1.0.52.
If you connect the phone to the Phantom you can check what versions are installed by going to settings / about, that will list them.

NAZA-M is 3.04, APP 1.0.42 1.2.5g camera
I'll upgrade and report back. Thanks!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures