calling it a day with DJI

Can someone post some images of these 'plates' and maybe a quickie tutorial on installing them? Thanks!

Have a look here ... good series of photos showing :

DJI Phantom 3/2 Reinforcement Plates Motor Mount Base Protector Crack Repair Kit | eBay

Here's a Youtube video showing a guy repairing a crack and then fitting the plates. He says $37 .... yeh well Amazon can be silly on price !! They are same and cheaper on eBay !!

Make sure when fitting - you use the standoff tubes on the two inner screws ... important. Second get some Plastic Safe Blue Threadlock to secure the screws against loosening.

KEEP the old screws safe ... I have mine in a plastic bag in my Phantom case ... you will need those if you ever take the plates off. The plate screws are longer and without the plates should not be used.

Nigel

Have a look here ... good series of photos showing :

DJI Phantom 3/2 Reinforcement Plates Motor Mount Base Protector Crack Repair Kit | eBay

Here's a Youtube video showing a guy repairing a crack and then fitting the plates. He says $37 .... yeh well Amazon can be silly on price !! They are same and cheaper on eBay !!

Make sure when fitting - you use the standoff tubes on the two inner screws ... important. Second get some Plastic Safe Blue Threadlock to secure the screws against loosening.

KEEP the old screws safe ... I have mine in a plastic bag in my Phantom case ... you will need those if you ever take the plates off. The plate screws are longer and without the plates should not be used.

Nigel

Thanks! This is great. What are your thoughts about installing prop guards instead...OR are there prop guards that have a sturdier/metal plate as their base? Then I'd be getting a two-for-one...as I'm contemplating prop guards.

J

I test various quads for companys and most have prop guards. I like them for indoor work - but outdoor ? I'm not a user of them outdoors. Most guards I see are plastic base - not my idea of best.

But its my personal opinion.

Reactions: apollo64
getting back on track, not to long till the Mi drone arrives, just watched some 4K footage on the tube and its stunning, i nearly cancelled the order for the Mi.....but glad i stuck with it now

I can't work out if it's light bridge or not. The antenna's tells me its light bridge. Am I right?

I can't work out if it's light bridge or not. The antenna's tells me its light bridge. Am I right?

Can you give a hint of what you are referring to ?

Nigel

Can you give a hint of what you are referring to ?

Nigel
Must be reffering to the Midrone as it has twin antennae like DJI lightbridge

Lightbridge is proprietary DJI format and as far as I am aware - not available to any others.

Nigel

The Mi drone is based on WiFi according to advertisments ...

Nigel

Reactions: Neon Euc
Lightbridge is proprietary DJI format and as far as I am aware - not available to any others.

Nigel
While lightbridge may be some custom proprietary protocol of DJI design it probably isn’t and certainly doesn’t need to be. It is highly probably lightbridge is niothijg more than a slick implementation of the wifibroadcast protocol (part of the existing wifi standards and capable of lightbridge performance). Any manufacturer can use it. In fact anyone can do it with off the shelf hardware and open source code freely available.

As far as DJI and their opinion of their customer base, they could care less! If you have ever dealt with their “Customer Service” bunch you understand. They lie when the truth might solve the problem. They are apparently trained to try to discourage complaints and reject warranty claims in hope that you will give up and go away! If an American company treated customers like that they’d be out of business fast! Good luck to those of you who eventually have to deal with them.
Jim
WA5TEF
I agree with you.DJI has gotten to big.The have a crappy customer service.All they care about is sales. What goes around, comes around.When there sales dip, maybe they will wake up. Sorry that I bought a drone from them.

While lightbridge may be some custom proprietary protocol of DJI design it probably isn’t and certainly doesn’t need to be. It is highly probably lightbridge is niothijg more than a slick implementation of the wifibroadcast protocol (part of the existing wifi standards and capable of lightbridge performance). Any manufacturer can use it. In fact anyone can do it with off the shelf hardware and open source code freely available.

You do know you can buy separate Lightbridge gear ? But its very expensive ..... I haven't seen it but heard reports about it.

As to any manufacturer can use it ... I would not be so bold to say that ... and as to being Open Source - I doubt that seriously. I'm a great believer in Open Source ... 90% of my RC gear is based on Open Source radios etc.

Freely available ? Any links ?

Nigel

You do know you can buy separate Lightbridge gear ? But its very expensive ..... I haven't seen it but heard reports about it.

As to any manufacturer can use it ... I would not be so bold to say that ... and as to being Open Source - I doubt that seriously. I'm a great believer in Open Source ... 90% of my RC gear is based on Open Source radios etc.

Freely available ? Any links ?

Nigel
Start here Wifibroadcast – Analog-like transmission of live video data

I hope you are not claiming that WiFiBroadcast is Lightbridge ?

For a start Lightbridge does not allow multiple video views .... it is fixed and coded between two distinct linked units, which Wifi braodcast is open to other units.

They may have similarities - but I would consider them different.

Fact is DJI has moved on anyway to Occusynch ...

Nigel
No, I am suggesting lightbridge is likely a slick implementation of wifibroadcast protocol. Lightbridge can and does support multiple receivers in the standalone form.

Fact is occusync is just another fancy name from the DJI marketing department. A bit like “SINUSOIDAL DRIVE ARCHITECTURE” is dji’s fancy name for the Texas Instruments 3 phase motor driver.

I'm ending my response on this LB subject - not because of nothing to respond with - but to avoid p*ss**g of others who really have no interest in this sidelining of thread.

Nigel

Reactions: btrussell
A little update, after a very long shipping time, involving a paypal dispute, the Xiaomi Mi 4k has landed, no chance to have a flight yet but the drone does look very well made

Had a nice steady faultless flight today with P3P .....

Nigel

Reactions: Newbieguy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart