Calling before AND after flight

If they got your message the first time, they'll likely get it the second time. Notify the tower before starting. Notify them when you're done.

Nothing wrong with that.
seems like the thread is back on a positive track.

Absolutely, and the guys in the tower were (and have always been) extremely friendly. He voiced appreciation when I returned the call to let him know I was done. As mentioned previously, I want to keep a good relationship with them, and wasn't opposed to the request. It was just a new request for me, I hadn't been asked to call back after a flight in the past. But hey, we're on a first name basis, they always tell me to have fun while I'm out, and just asked that I called this particular flight. I didn't mind calling them back, it was just a different request than I had received on my prior conversations. The way I look at it, as long as I am meeting their requests, they stay happy with me....it's all good at the end of the day. Didn't mean to suggest I was being rogue or upset with the tower, just thought I'd see if anyone else had experienced a similar request.

Absolutely, and the guys in the tower were (and have always been) extremely friendly. He voiced appreciation when I returned the call to let him know I was done. As mentioned previously, I want to keep a good relationship with them, and wasn't opposed to the request. It was just a new request for me, I hadn't been asked to call back after a flight in the past. But hey, we're on a first name basis, they always tell me to have fun while I'm out, and just asked that I called this particular flight. I didn't mind calling them back, it was just a different request than I had received on my prior conversations. The way I look at it, as long as I am meeting their requests, they stay happy with me....it's all good at the end of the day. Didn't mean to suggest I was being rogue or upset with the tower, just thought I'd see if anyone else had experienced a similar request.
You, sir, are a credit to the hobby. Thanks for making us all look good.

Interesting call to local flight tower yesterday. I've been calling each time before I fly, and they know me by name now. Yesterday though, on my second outing, he said, "can you give us a call when you're done?" I was happy to oblige, want to stay in good relationship, just thought it was an unusual request. Anyone else been asked to call back in to a tower at the end of your flight?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Exec or New Century?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl