BrokenCell Error

Reaction score
broken cell error on 2 out 3 batteries that I have. Less than 10 recharge cycles. purchased July 2016. DJI customer service little help. Any ideas how to fix or are the batteries junk?

At lease you already know about DJI "customer service"! Your best bet would be to chalk it up to experience and don't deal with DJI. They will only rip you off more. I would guess if you sent them the battery for repair or replacement, they would find it "pilot error" and blame you for the condition. You'd end up buying another one to replace that one anyway and DJI would keep your iold battery and repair it and pack it off on some unsuspecting purchaser as a new one. They love for customers to submit equipment for repair, both warranty and otherwise for then they can send you a "refurbished" one, get a repair cost paid by you for this old "un-repairable" drone then put your old drone into the inventory to be put back together at a later more convenient date and thus have another one for later swap out. Read all the forums and apply this logic. You will see DJI's plan easily then.

Sorry about your loss, watch out though for DJI.
Jim
WA5TEF

At lease you already know about DJI "customer service"! Your best bet would be to chalk it up to experience and don't deal with DJI. They will only rip you off more. I would guess if you sent them the battery for repair or replacement, they would find it "pilot error" and blame you for the condition. You'd end up buying another one to replace that one anyway and DJI would keep your iold battery and repair it and pack it off on some unsuspecting purchaser as a new one. They love for customers to submit equipment for repair, both warranty and otherwise for then they can send you a "refurbished" one, get a repair cost paid by you for this old "un-repairable" drone then put your old drone into the inventory to be put back together at a later more convenient date and thus have another one for later swap out. Read all the forums and apply this logic. You will see DJI's plan easily then.

Sorry about your loss, watch out though for DJI.
Jim
WA5TEF
If it might be that they send refurbished AC (and other items) to provide a shorter turn around time. They send out new items on occasion also. This isn't a unique arrangement, others do it, including apple. If I recall correctly DJI battery warranty is 6 months. Even with the smart tech all LiPO's may be easily rendered unserviceable by neglect. Fly them down to low capacity and leave them sitting without a charge and you could be unlucky enough to kill one with one cycle. That is the nature of LiION chemistry.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94