British Prime Minister David Cameron Warns of "Dirty Drones"

LuvMyTJ

Admin
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
landscape-1460132466-dji-spray-drone.jpg

ISIS is planning to kill thousands of people by sending drones delivering radioactive material over Western cities—or so British Prime Minister David Cameron warned last week at a summit on nuclear terrorism in Washington. Rather than carrying a "dirty bomb" to disperse material with explosives, the drones would work like toxic crop sprayers—"dirty drones" perhaps—and cause thousands of casualties. The British PM urged other world leaders to consider urgently how they would counter this new threat.

Could the terrorist organization actually launch such an attack? To appreciate the issue, you have to know a few things about drones and dirty bombs.

Read more here - Could ISIS Attack the West With a Dirty Drone?

Reactions: Myetkt
These are really bad news for the hobbists and multicopter flyers. If some idiots do such things we all have to suffer the consequences. Even more strict regulations/fly permits/etc. I would not want to see the day when you buy a drone to require a permit and be similar to buying a weapon. I fly purely for recreation and pleasure and it should remain like this for everybody !

It would be just as easy and far more convenient to just drop a dirty bomb into a local trash bin, or to replicate the Boston Marathon Bombing, than go through the trouble of dropping one from an Inspire or a Tornado H-920. So until hobby drones are developed with the capability of flying hundreds of miles I don't think we have much to worry about.

Reactions: b0dyr0ck2006
It would be just as easy and far more convenient to just drop a dirty bomb into a local trash bin, or to replicate the Boston Marathon Bombing, than go through the trouble of dropping one from an Inspire or a Tornado H-920. So until hobby drones are developed with the capability of flying hundreds of miles I don't think we have much to worry about.

I hope so ! I don't want my hobby to get ruined by some idiots.

The extra weight of these so called dirty bombs and range limitations make me doubt that this will work.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: b0dyr0ck2006

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl