Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Bought my first DJI today

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by drone50, Jan 6, 2016.

1. drone50

Love the forum. I bought the Phantom 3 standard and am pretty excited. To be honest, its nerve racking as well because its an expensive toy and seems complicated. There is a lot I still need to learn. I wasn't aware of the CSC thing before buying but after reading the manual, that scares me even more! I could see someone accidentally doing that motion in flight and the **** thing come crashing down. Not sure what that function is for and thought it would be a little harder to accomplish. Ill just make sure I am careful.

Saw it for $499 today at Best Buy. I had a coupon for Target and found out they would price match. With the 20% off coupon, got it for $399 out the door. Not to bad. Hopefully its a fun hobby

arcaine25 and dirkclod like this.
  2. dirkclod

dirkclod Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum and you got a great price !!
    Don't be to concerned with doing a CSC while flying as it's just not no reason for that to happen unless you do it on purpose .
    Yes it's fun and fly safe and just take it slow and you will be fine :)

3. Larry L

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy the quad.

4. drone50

Spent last night read manuals and watching tutorials. Took the phantom out for its first flight today around my house and neighborhood. It flew so well.

Edited a few clips from the flight. Can't wait to do more locations and videos.

Numone likes this.