Blade guards on the standard 3, do you remove after use?

Reaction score
Hi there!

Sorry, I know this sounds dumb but do you all remove the guards? Any special case to hold the drone that will accommodate the guards on the blades?
Unfortunately I bought a case that fits everything nicely without the blade guards and after buying the guards, am thinking of returning them. Would you fly them without or any other solution to this?

Why do you say that? Please elaborate - sorry, I am very new to this and was told by lots of people to "get" the blade guards. I know now I won't be using them because there is no way I am going to take them off after every use to store it in the case that won't fit them.

Thanks in advance!

The downwash from your props is blowing directly on them; pushing your aircraft back down while your props fight to lift it up. They waste battery power, and can become an outright liability when flying in a breeze, as they provide more surface area for wind to push against.

Reactions: BillyP13 and Jwebbe
don't use them act like wind sails

if I was indoors filming a party or something, I'd use them just incase something happened and the blades were to hit someone. It might not help, but it also might help.

out doors, heck no

Reactions: Jwebbe
Good to know! Thanks for the reply! It seems the consensus is NOT to use them. Must be a "newbie" thing where they ( stores ) try and get you to buy them. I fell for it, will return!

Reactions: mikesmiley
Good to know! Thanks for the reply! It seems the consensus is NOT to use them. Must be a "newbie" thing where they ( stores ) try and get you to buy them. I fell for it, will return!

Welcome to the hobby, and to the forum. There's a boatload of very smart and very helpful people here. It's amazing how much good information is here and free for the taking.

Oh shoot - I poted in the WRONG forum - SOORY - MODS<------------ can you please move this to the Standard P3 section?
does not matter as this is a universal question. I have seen it over and over in every section. I used the guards for a couple of weeks and then when I felt conformable i tossed them. The are good for beginners but do cause problems in the air when it is windy.

I do have a set of quick release prop guards on mine. Able to remove and fit neatly in my bag. Very useful indoors. Through I will admit that yes they are sails on a windy day. Used up battery very quickly in 25klm/hr winds.
636ddf2c7e9f1096f93955c02871e906_thumb.jpg
fb207506e9dff2f0fb7125c16aa5d88d_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I do have a set of quick release prop guards on mine. Able to remove and fit neatly in my bag. Very useful indoors. Through I will admit that yes they are sails on a windy day. Used up battery very quickly in 25klm/hr winds.
636ddf2c7e9f1096f93955c02871e906_thumb.jpg
fb207506e9dff2f0fb7125c16aa5d88d_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Nice set up! The ones I got are more of a hassle to put on as they are to take off so I won't be using them.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT