Big Disappointment, No Go No Mo

Reaction score
About 12 – 15 flights on my quad no problems. Now I did the usual, found gps sats, compass dance, the works like I always do and when I tried to start the motors – Nothing. The LED flashes about 6 -7 flashes when I try to start it but dang things dead. It hasn't been dropped or wrecked. Batteries are full charge. Took the props off and replugged battery and still nothing. What gives?
TIA

Back to the computer and do an advanced IMU calibration ... That should fix it ..

Sounds like you're just seeing the normal green flashes for home point lock or course lock direction, that just happen to be flashing when you pull the sticks down. Next time you power up the Phantom, let it sit for a few minutes without touching the sticks at all, eventually you'll see two sets of rapid green flashes like that.

I would try doing a sticks calibration in the Assistant software, and check the stick response in there to make sure they're travelling fully to the ends of the ranges.

What happens is when it's ready to fly and I pull the sticks down to start the motors the LED flashes rapid about 6 - 7 times. I let go of the sticks and do it again I get the same flashes. It will do it every time I pull the sticks down. I will hook it up to see what I can see. Thanks...

Are you pulling the sticks down or down and together ?

Down together. Basic IMU calibration fixed it but I haven't been flying yet. I do remember it not wanting to shut down on the last flight. It finally did after what seemed a minute or so. Scared of a fly away now since I dont know what caused it to begin with. This is the first time it has acted up on me.

JoatMon said:
Green. Every time I try to start it it flashes green real fast.
Hi "JoatMon" how did the FC40 fly after calibrating the IMU. I am in England and I have the same issue and don't know what caused it

Mine was doing the same thing today. Not the first time I have seen this so interested to know how to resolve it as well.

That could of been the imu needing calibrating but if it was also not shutting off before could of been your sticks on the tx out of calibration or sticks not centered error message. You can get a sticks not centered even when they are if you happened to accidentally turned on the controller while also touching one of the sticks. right as you turn on the controller and just before it beeps when you turn it on it tries to check its self and it assumes the sticks are actually centered. So what happens if they are slightly pushed when you turn it on and then you take your hand off it and it moves back to center the controller thinks its moving from center when its really just moving back to the center. It kind of screws up were it thinks the zero point is.

The fix for that is to do a stick calibration in the naza assistant under the basic/rc tab. with the phantom plugged in to the usb and the transmitter turned on. and click calibrat and just follow the promps on the screen..

IF you really have the calibration way off like if the sticks are pushed all the way to one side and turn on the tx like if you accidentally turn it on while trying to put in or take it out of the flight case then that will give an error when you even try to turn on the tx and the green led on the tx will turn yellow every time you turn it on. and then it needs an advanced calibration to set it back right and that involves opening up the tx and plugging the usb in to the board in side and running the RC assistant soft ware.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl