Beware Aftermarket P3 Props

Reaction score
Purchased two spare sets of non OEM P3 Pro props as I hadn't found an OEM supply nearby until today.

Decided to try them today and oooo boy! I've never seen a P3P "fly" like that on purpose.

It, almost immediately after lift off, started an intermittent roll/recovery during an 8' hover, then a few seconds later another, then went up about 18' then down to 2'. I got it up again and hand caught it.

It was such an odd movement I 1st thought a sensor was bad. I uploaded Flt. Records and found no apparent issues . Tried other flights and the same or worse, but again no issue found after reviewing Flt Records.

Finally did IMU cal, but no joy. Swapped to the other set of aftermarket props and hover was not as wild but still a definite drift vertically from 15' to 2'. Pulled the prop and noticed the lack of stiffness compared to OEM.

Put the OEM DJI 9450s on and perfect hover and a test flight to get my confidence back in the bird .

Lesson learned....
I eventually located a retailer nearby this afternoon that had OEM props in stock and bought all he had over the phone.

As you found out, it is best to only use DJI props as they are of good quality and cheap. Sometimes aftermarket items are a benefit in performance & price but not in the case of props. Stick with OEM.

Reactions: 750r
here is a video I did of non dji props on a p2v+

Props and batteries are the lifeblood of your Phantom,
I only purchase DJI packaged props and batteries from authorized dealers.

For the price of props, I would not purchase knockoffs. Sorry for the mishap.
Wasent a mishap did it on purpose that bird is indestructible but cheap props will cause problems on any machine balance will too

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Bryon, EXCELLENT VIDEO ! stuff,
have you checked the lift with the new 9450 props? if there is a difference with the weight these can lift ? would be most interested in that :)

I once bought some props on Amazon that were advertised as genuine DJI OEM props. When they arrived were were obviously cheap knockoffs. I talked to Amazon and they refunded my money. Didn't even want the props back. I didn't even keep them as backups, I tossed them out and bought directly from DJI instead.

Reactions: SamNetwork

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl