Beta Testers requested to fix Compass Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see DJIs "Policy and Procedure" for beta testing.. it is pretty obvious there isn't one

ianwood said:
There will be no leaking of anything. I think I've made this abundantly clear already. So let's end that discussion right now. Andy, you say it's already been leaked? Really? So you have a copy of it? If I find you or anyone else is involved in a leak, I will take serious issue with it.
I couldn't agree more.

I received a PM from a member of this forum who is one of the most vociferous individuals here asking for someone to leak the beta. After declining the leak request politely, I suggested that the requester should PM Ian directly and ask to be added to the group. I'd like to point out that while some of us are testing the new software as a result of the beta group being expanded and are benefitting from the improved firmware, we are doing so only after accepting several conditions, one of which is not to leak the software. Whatever happened to honoring your commitments and being as good as your word? I don't care if it is about leaking software or anything else for that matter. Once you agree to something and say you'll abide by the rules, that's exactly what you should do! I believe that honoring one's word is an important thing. That may sound naive or quaint in today's world, but more folks need to do it IMO.

I wouldn't ask anyone but a DJI employee for the software and if you promised someone you wouldn't share it then you better not share it! If you never promised anything then its fine to share but I wouldn't take it anyway unless you got your pay check from DJI.

Pazz said:
John Shaw said:
John Shaw said:
I find this very encouraging. Even if it isn't perfect, if I wasn't testing I probably wouldn't notice any problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeS0ZTb ... ObwC0HUbmg
I think your last sentence says it all. Reviewing all your videos, its not the machine learning or 3.05, its just you are getting to be a better pilot. Learning to fly & be responsive to the aircraft

Absolutely wrong...
Just so those with a serious interest know.
I am at 17 degrees declination and prior to the betas my TBE would keep growing until it reached the point that I had to dampen it before it hit the trees, then in about three minutes it would settle down.
My first run on each battery would have a 30+ degree left drift angle and with post learning beta2 there is NONE.
Likewise preBeta the first run would have about a 30 foot left JHook and with post learning beta2 there is NONE.
PreBeta the course lock needed to be reset in flight or it would dramatically head out at about a 30+ degree left angle compared to the desired alignment - and this didn't go away until reset in flight. initial testing on post learning beta2 seems to show that error is totally gone.
I can see piloting skill coming into normal flying but in testing you just push the stick forward and see what happens, obviously there is NO piloting skill involved in a valid test.

I would like to go on record to say that unless I was really really drunk, I would never leak the beta. When I get really drunk my integrity goes right out the window...

BigBadFun said:
damoncooper said:
There is an element of trust here and a leak would make sure they never do a beta again.

I never want to test a beta again. I would never purchase a DJI product again either.

Yep I will never buy DJI again as well. I am avoiding DJI now.

I don't think my Vision will ever fly straight. The fix should be a priority for DJI
But its not, Releasing more products is there priority. I don't think they care about there customers at all

A few things: First, Ian I apologize. I never saw the post you just linked to naming me specifically about joining the test group. I missed it and have never been messaged about it.

Secondly, my call to leak the beta was in response to a suggestion to exert pressure on DJI to release the beta. Leaking it would be the best way.

I think everyone is being a little bit ridiculous about how important it is to keep such a tight hold on it, but good for you guys. DJI commonly has very loose protocol on stuff like this. Just look at the Lightbridge ios app. It is unreleased but all you have to do is ask anyone associated with DJI on other forums for it and they'll email the beta right over. Same with LB firmware - a while back to get the latest unreleased firmware all you had to do was change the url of the previous version - it was sitting right on their server unprotected. I kinda view this the same way... I honestly don't think DJI would give a **** if it was made available to everyone reading this thread who cared to have it... what maybe 20 people?

Call me the bad guy (and you can name me specifically if you want droneranger), but I don't think it is the Holy Grail of all software that you guys are patting yourself on the back for keeping out the hands of the ruthless have-nots.

cliveg said:
BigBadFun said:
damoncooper said:
There is an element of trust here and a leak would make sure they never do a beta again.

I never want to test a beta again. I would never purchase a DJI product again either.

Yep I will never buy DJI again as well. I am avoiding DJI now.

I don't think my Vision will ever fly straight. The fix should be a priority for DJI
But its not, Releasing more products is there priority. I don't think they care about there customers at all

Don"t give up, mate, like all of us new to quadcopter flying, we just need to learn to fly them. I joined my local aeromodellers club & had nothing but support from them. These clubs usually have certified trainers who will teach you how to fly. Taken 20 hours but can how fly confidently in manual mode. Vision GPS mode is the same as trainer wheels on a 2 wheel bike. I leave you with a little saying "ships are safe in the harbor, but that's not what they are made for" Happy flying :D

Pazz said:
I joined my local aeromodellers club & had nothing but support from them. These clubs usually have certified trainers who will teach you how to fly. Taken 20 hours but can how fly confidently in manual mode.

Awesome Spazz - do you have any videos to share of your amazing talent? We're all dying to be re-educated by your elite pilot skills!

BigBadFun said:
Pazz said:
I joined my local aeromodellers club & had nothing but support from them. These clubs usually have certified trainers who will teach you how to fly. Taken 20 hours but can how fly confidently in manual mode.

Awesome Spazz - do you have any videos to share of your amazing talent? We're all dying to be re-educated by your elite pilot skills!
Sorry mate, I'm not a show off

Pazz said:
....use the PV2 to run a business mostly for stills work. I'm a professional photographer who takes my business investment seriously. So I get trained to acquire skills.

Oh wow. I'm truly intrigued. Maybe that's why when I take photos while flying in GPS "trainer-wheel" mode, my photos are rubbish. Do you advise I invest 20 hours learning to fly in manual mode like you so I can get some proper still photos? I wish to learn from you Spazz. I'm bending over.... fill me with your knowledge.

Pazz said:
I'm a professional photographer who takes my business investment seriously
Do you find that the FC200 (or GoPRO) is of suitable professional level for your paid work? I also work part time as a professional photographer (yes some people actually pay me money to take photos!), and really struggle with the quality of FC200/GoPRO images. They are ok, but not what I would call to professional level. I'd really like a machine that can lift my EOS 1D then I'd really be able to call my drone investment "serious"!
Or, perhaps I'm not getting the professional level images from the FC200/GoPRO because I'm not flying in manual mode? I do however often drop out of GPS mode when capturing as I find the machine is more level and stable (weather conditions aside), but the image quality seems to be the same regardless of GPS or ATTI mode.

Cheers,
Rob.

PS Sorry for taking this thread off topic again. Last time I promise!

BigBadFun said:
Pazz said:
....use the PV2 to run a business mostly for stills work. I'm a professional photographer who takes my business investment seriously. So I get trained to acquire skills.

Oh wow. I'm truly intrigued. Maybe that's why when I take photos while flying in GPS "trainer-wheel" mode, my photos are rubbish. Do you advise I invest 20 hours learning to fly in manual mode like you so I can get some proper still photos? I wish to learn from you Spazz. I'm bending over.... fill me with your knowledge.

I am a professional too! I have posted 2 of my Phantom videos on Youtube and have already made 30 cents and it has only been a month or so! That's proof that it can be done!!!

One of my friends at NSA has cracked the code and there are two parts to it.

Part 1 is the Beta, part 2 is the "Crack Code" without which your machine will "Brick" and fall from the sky at 100' if the code is leaked = more sales for DJI :eek:

Seriously though, as a business owner most of what I do is conducted with a hand shake, no contracts, nothing on paper even in today's world & it's well for many years now.

"A man is only as good as his word"

Now to DJI, please release the $&*&!#$#@$#! software :evil:

Navman said:
One of my friends at NSA has cracked the code and there are two parts to it.

Part 1 is the Beta, part 2 is the "Crack Code" without which your machine will "Brick" and fall from the sky at 100' if the code is leaked = more sales for DJI :eek:

Seriously though, as a business owner most of what I do is conducted with a hand shake, no contracts, nothing on paper even in today's world & it's well for many years now.

"A man is only as good as his word"

Now to DJI, please release the $&*&!#$#@$#! software :evil:

+1

BigBadFun said:
Pazz said:

:lol:

robby666111 said:
Pazz said:
I'm a professional photographer who takes my business investment seriously
Do you find that the FC200 (or GoPRO) is of suitable professional level for your paid work? I also work part time as a professional photographer (yes some people actually pay me money to take photos!), and really struggle with the quality of FC200/GoPRO images. They are ok, but not what I would call to professional level. I'd really like a machine that can lift my EOS 1D then I'd really be able to call my drone investment "serious"!
Or, perhaps I'm not getting the professional level images from the FC200/GoPRO because I'm not flying in manual mode? I do however often drop out of GPS mode when capturing as I find the machine is more level and stable (weather conditions aside), but the image quality seems to be the same regardless of GPS or ATTI mode.

Cheers,
Rob.

PS Sorry for taking this thread off topic again. Last time I promise!

Andy T said:
BigBadFun said:
Pazz said:

I am a professional too! I have posted 2 of my Phantom videos on Youtube and have already made 30 cents and it has only been a month or so! That's proof that it can be done!!!

Pazz said:
Sorry mate, I'm not a show off, use the PV2 to run a business mostly for stills work. I'm a professional photographer who takes my business investment seriously. So I get trained to acquire skills.
And you have already said you live in south East Australia so you would have obtained a CASA operators certificate so you can legally use your P2V for commercial purposes. Or are you just trying to feed everyone a line?

http://www.casa.gov.au/scripts/nc.dll?W ... =PC_100375

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl