Best Wifi Tablet - Kindle Fire MIMO or ???

Reaction score
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 phone and the wifi signal sucks. I got better FPV range with my older Droid Razr so I have been using that on my phantom. Well I dropped that today and cracked the screen. I can still use it but now I am looking for a better tablet. I know the Fire has MIMO (multiple input, multiple output) antennas but I don't know if that will help with the phantom. It does not have the GPS which would be good for the dynamic home point feature. I have an older Ipad that I could use but I would like a dedicated tablet to use. I want one with good wifi strength as to help get more FPV range. What are your recommendations?

The phone/tablet's own wifi will have zero effect on FPV range. It's the range extender that talks to the Phantom through wifi, not your device. The device only talks to the range extender....and being right next to it, there shouldn't be any issue. There shouldn't be any issue with your wifi connectivity with your S5 unless you have "Smart Network Switch" turned on in your Wifi settings. Disable that because it will interfere with how the app talks to the Range Extender/Phantom.

Rooted Samsung s3 tab 7".... I did buy a black plastic ammo box... cut a slot in the top to slide my tab in, mounted the box on a camera tripod, its ideal for sunglare, and looks pretty cool tool.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18