Best way to make long panorama???

Reaction score
I have a client who needs me to take photos that they can stitch together to create a computer model of the view from inside of several floors of an office building. My thought is to use the drone to span the entire length of the building taking overlapping images. I'd need to travel in a straight line outside the building from one end to the other taking images overlapping images both level and down to create a building long pano.

Does anyone have an idea of the best way to do this in either the DJI software or Litchi? Is there a way to create waypoints that the Phantom 4 will travel but move manually instead of automatically? Thanks. I've attached a drawing of what I'm talking about.

Attachments

• drone.pdf
    112.3 KB · Views: 206
You can record video when you fly in a straight line with the drone aimed toward the building, and then put that video into Microsoft image composite editor, and it will stitch the images together giving you the long panorama photo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need to fly straight across the front of the building capturing the view from inside. What's the best way to make sure I stay in a straight line from left to right camera out?

You can record video when you fly in a straight line with the drone aimed toward the building, and then put that video into Microsoft image composite editor, and it will stitch the images together giving you the long panorama photo.

Thank you. Actually, I have to face outward because they want the view from the windows. What is the best way to make sure I fly in the straight line say 15 feet away from the building from left to right?

Thank you. Actually, I have to face outward because they want the view from the windows. What is the best way to make sure I fly in the straight line say 15 feet away from the building from left to right?

You really shouldn't need to worry too much about being dead on straight. If you just push your stick to the right it should go in a perfectly straight line if you have it in p mode.

I have a client who needs me to take photos that they can stitch together to create a computer model of the view from inside of several floors of an office building. My thought is to use the drone to span the entire length of the building taking overlapping images. I'd need to travel in a straight line outside the building from one end to the other taking images overlapping images both level and down to create a building long pano.

Does anyone have an idea of the best way to do this in either the DJI software or Litchi? Is there a way to create waypoints that the Phantom 4 will travel but move manually instead of automatically? Thanks. I've attached a drawing of what I'm talking about.
I don't think the p4p can do this on litchi since I haven't ran it with it, and litchi said they haven't released an official version for the p4p, but the p3p can run a solid straight line by using a custom zip line. It has been way useful in skate videos: It can basically go down a set line at your own speed, and the phantom can do a 360 while it goes down that path.

Autopilot would do this easily. Just draw a mission line across the face of the building and at each waypoint, set an option to take a still photo and then move on to the next.

This has some stuff that shows info on panos:

I wouldn't lift the image from a video file as the quality is a lot less than the still mode.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing