Best tablet for DJI GO

Nothing, unless you want to use special flight modes or reset your home point. For general flying missions, it is perfectly fine.

Anything that requires the drone to know the location of the transmitter, such as 'follow me', 'orbit', etc...
There's an option to reset the RTH location when you enable certain conditions. Sorry I can't recall the specifics right now.
It's in the manual. Pg 37 if I recall correctly...

Anything that requires the drone to know the location of the transmitter, such as 'follow me', 'orbit', etc...
There's an option to reset the RTH location when you enable certain conditions. Sorry I can't recall the specifics right now.
It's in the manual. Pg 37 if I recall correctly...

Cant you use orbit on any POI?

Kinda... Orbit circles a POI that you create specifically during the setup of the Orbit mode, so it depends on how you look at it.
Yes, you can orbit anything you can fly over. No, you can't orbit a previously-created POI.
At least, that's how DJI explains it. It's possible that it works differently in practice, I haven't tried personally.
Perhaps someone who's used that feature can clarify?

Kinda... Orbit circles a POI that you create specifically during the setup of the Orbit mode, so it depends on how you look at it.
Yes, you can orbit anything you can fly over. No, you can't orbit a previously-created POI.
At least, that's how DJI explains it. It's possible that it works differently in practice, I haven't tried personally.
Perhaps someone who's used that feature can clarify?
I'm going to test this with an ipad...
Will report back..

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

The Mini2 and Mini3 with the A7 processor didn't work perfectly for me. During summer when temps are above 95F the iPad would overheat and video would quit working. I found myself cooling off the iPad with a variety of methods, none of them are convenient. Since I liked the Apple quality otherwise, and the screens are super high quality, I bought the iPad Air2 with a new A8X processor that runs cooler with smaller geometries in the silicon. The Mini 4 has the same processor as the iPad Air2, so it should be good also. Having cellular support is awesome, which allows the iPad to be used for other things, conveniently. Get the 64GB version, you'll need it, or more.

Did you have a case on your mini 3 when it overheated?

Reactions: TrevorTron
I used to say the same thing until I actually bought my first Apple product. I'm no Apple fanboy, but their products are very nice. They take the extra time to get even the smallest details just right.
I have a Nexus 6 phone and it is the best phone out there I think. I have had many Samsung ones and they can't touch this one or Apple. You always see Apple with broken screens so if I was going to spend so much money on one it wouldn't be Apple. I brought the first Ipod touch that came out and I really never used it much. I thought if I have to ask Dad everytime I want to put something on it unless it was free they can have it. And to charge more for this is crazy. I can see why old ladies like them But not young people. I do have a Samsung tablet and think it is just fine. But if I was to get a new one I think I would look at Nexus first. And they also update there phones first. I have Androild 6.1 on mine now. I love not having all the crap ware on it too. I just looked up the cost of Apple tablets and people must be crazy to pay them prices. I can get a nice 2 in 1 for better prices and they will run everything unlike Apple. But It is just my thought. I just think of myself as a smart buyer.

Guess in Aus they are clumsier than the rest of us. Of all the iPads, iPhones and iPods our family has owned, not once has one been broken. But then again I don't eat greasy foods while playing with my ipad. Lol.

Anyways good to hear of alternatives for drone communications. Maybe we can circle back to uses without insulting apple owners and keeping this Constructive and not destructive.
There are suckers everyday that will pay more for something just because they was told so. Just saying buddy. Apple has always ripped people off for there ****. There stuff is not much better the china knockoffs!

Bumping this question. I've been thinking of upgrading from an Air to an Air 2 because of what I've read about screen brightness. However if the mini 4 is significantly brighter than Air 2, I might go that route instead.

***EDIT*** Just did my own research... found this site: iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2, and iPad Pro Display Technology Shoot-Out

Looks like the Mini 4 has a brighter screen and lower reflectivity.

I've also noticed that the Nokia Lumia 2520, has a rating of 676 cd/m^2, while the Mini 4 has 450 cd/m^2. However, if its screen is highly reflective, that higher brightness doesn't mean so much...

***EDIT 2*** Haven't found a good comparison with the Shield K-1, but according to displaymate.com, the mini4 seems to have the best outdoor display of the devices I've listed above. It has a "contrast rating for high ambient light" of 255, while the Air 2 has 166, Lumia 2520 has 120, and Air has 69.
One thing to consider, the Air 2 is bigger and a little heaver then the mini 4. It doesn't seem like much but it really makes a difference. I will use my mini4 almost all the time. It does make a difference.

There are suckers everyday that will pay more for something just because they was told so. Just saying buddy. Apple has always ripped people off for there ****. There stuff is not much better the china knockoffs!
It has been my experience that the apple product is by far the best quality and the best customer support. That means something to me. Just saying.

Reactions: HMR and LanaRain
You'd be wrong and not just the normal kind of wrong either........
Overall, when considering everything from security to quality, nothing else is close to Apple devices.
Ever wonder why the FBI can't crack an old iPhone 5c?

What is this? Everyone bashing each other over there own option leads nowhere. Because I like Apple and you don't doesn't make your right and me wrong. This is not why I look at this forum. I come here to learn and expand a great hobby not to be judge by what tablet I happen to like. Just saying.

Reactions: TrevorTron
Thanks guys. Yes, I must admit the Apple does have a nice general 'feel', once upon a time we called it ergonomic. But this is still winter and, even with a home-made cowl I was having to twist and turn to find sufficient shade to see the image on the screen. Don't get me wrong, I am not slagging the mini2, it just not up to the job of working outdoors in direct (even winter) sun.
I agree, the mini 2 is an awful choice for this application, the Mini 4 however is the best and brightest tablet screen I have ever seen. It has the least screen
reflectance too.
iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2, and iPad Pro Display Technology Shoot-Out

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT