Best Purchase option for P4 Pro

I have also purchased a lot of equipment through B&H over the years (including my P3P and P4P.) My first P4P arrived with a faulty gimbal which required a return. This is when I discovered that B&H was farming-out these returns. Long story short, I ordered another one from B&H while completing the return process on the faulty unit. I was credited the return within 2 weeks of handing over the faulty unit to Brown. I had the new unit in 3 days. This probably would have resulted in a total of 3 weeks turn-around time (which is LESS than dealing with DJI direct!) When you're inpatient and need your hardware sooner, you tie-up funds.

To anyone else making their investment, I would share this advice on a list of where to purchase -
  1. Best Buy or local brick and mortar that stocks them and has a hassle-free return policy. This would give you the absolute quickest turn-around on a return.
  2. Authorized online dealer that also has a hassle-free return policy (your mileage may vary.) I know there are some excellent dealers out there that take very good care of their customers - it's impossible to cover them all here. In any of these cases, you're going to have ship-back delays, etc.
  3. B&H Photo - excellent dealer, quick shipping, but delayed returns with having another party involved.
  4. (actually 40) DJI Direct. It's crazy to imagine having to deal with International shipping...

I've decided to go with Bestbuy. Based on the return/service issues it seems like the best bet. I was there yesterday and they agreed to price match. I ended up be quoted a very good deal on the P4P and 2 batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Is the built in screen worth the extra money. I have an Ipad 2. I'm not sure if it will fit on the controller. My main concern is picture quality.
You need at least an A7 CPU or higher with iOS to run GO or GO4. The iPad Mini 2 and Mini 3 with the A7 works OK, but will overheat in temps above 90F. The iPad mini 4 and Air2 have the A8 CPU which works in temps above 100F as long as you don't use a case on the iPad. The latest A9 in the iPad PRO is also good.

But to answer your question a little late, I don't recommend buying the P4P+ with built in screen. The screen just not large enough IMO. Use an iPad mini 4, or the Nvidia Shield k1. Later DJI will have the Crystal Sky 2000but bright display in 7.8".

Last edited:
Reactions: IFlyHi
I buy all of my DJI equipment from Atlanta Hobby in Cumming GA. Same price as Best Buy and other on line shopping. They have a great tech and repair department. The owner is retired from Wolf Camera and is a full fledged airplane pilot. They are a brick and mortar store with training classes, on line classes to help get you section 107 and just really great people to deal with.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I bought my 4Pro and Mavic Pro from Advexure. No problems what so ever.

I have a Phantom 4 pro and tree batteries I bought from Carolina Dronz. It is still in the boxes and never opened. The reason I am selling is I ordered it and then found my wife bought me the same thing for my birthday. I simply do not need two. 1779.00 shipped to you will three batteries. This is the same thing I paid for it. Let me know if you are interested. Either way, good luck with the finest drone on the planet for the money.

DO YOU STILL HAVE DRONE FOR SALE?

I have had terrific experience with B&H including tech support and a couple of returns. Flawless. Free shipping and no sales tax out of NY.

I have a P4P+ after a P4 with Samsung 7". The built -in monitor is excellent as is the seamless firmware upgrades.
Question I have a 4 pro with 5.5 screen built into control how do I get my Go app on my iPhone to work I tried everything barcode plugging it in can it work so I can view my flights from iPhone app

Anyone help me lol I cannot get my iPhone go app to do anything dji says it cannot work cause I have the 5.5 screen on controller but I seen a guy pull up the app on phone it shows the phantom pro at top and he views his flights from phone I tried barcode scanner plugging it in to remote and then to the drone nothing registers

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl