BEST and EASIEST antenna mod

Reaction score
I have a P3S and am getting about 1200' distance in my area, but do have a pretty thick forest surrounding my house. I recently got 3057' when out flying over water with a windsurfer and was pretty happy with that. However reading some of the things on here about a dbs mod and looking at things online, am feeling a little overwhelmed about what I can get to easily get more distance. Any and all ideas are welcome, and if you reference a mad to buy, can you put a link to where you bought it? Thanks!

The best mod for better distance? Sell the P3S and get a P3A or P3P. I am a P3S owner and have tried both the Argtek and DBS antennas, and I like and have better results with the DBS choice. But in the end, if your goal is for super distance and more reliability, as many have noted, move up the line, especially now that prices have become so much more favorable.

I agree..I have a standard and a professional model( both stock) with the P3s you mite get out to a mile but the P3p you can get out 3.5 miles plus!

I agree..I have a standard and a professional model( both stock) with the P3s you mite get out to a mile but the P3p you can get out 3.5 miles plus!
how do you fly pass 1mile? i dont think i can do it by just looking at the tablet.

Go into the settings and turn off distance limit and you can go as far as you have a signal, try and fly in an area without
interference or obstuctions for best results!

I have both Standard and Professional. My Professional(Stock) can go 3 miles from my backyard(WiFi congested area). My standard can only go 1.5 miles. But with windsurfer on the Standard, it can hit 2.5 miles from the same location. Standard is not bad but just need a better Antenna. Of course you can go 10 miles with DBS Boosted and battery mod. For me, 1-2 miles range is good enough for aerial videography.

Just a lil information. New to here. I tested the p3s and got 6400ft range. Still don't believe it. And it was going further

Selling antenna mod wind surfer never used on eBay

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl