Beartooth Mountains

Reaction score
Hello everyone, hope I am not repeating a thread here. I am currently in the Beartooth Mountains of Montana and wanting to send my P4 up to around 10k’ to shoot some video.
Pretty new to the drone, but very comfortable with the flight controls.
I would be starting at about 6,300’ elevation.
My question is how or can I get this quad up that high without restrictions? No Fly Zones anywhere around me. Just mountains and wilderness.

I am currently in the Beartooth Mountains of Montana and wanting to send my P4 up to around 10k’ to shoot some video.
I would be starting at about 6,300’ elevation.
My question is how or can I get this quad up that high without restrictions?
To get to 10K feet, you would have to climb up to around 8360 feet and launch from there.
The Phantom can't fly beyond 1640 feet higher than its launch point.
To stay strictly legal, you would have to keep the Phantom within 400 ft of the ground below it.

I'm jealous! I didn't have my drone when I drove through that area. Amazing scenery! Though you shouldn't have too much trouble finding a high spot to launch. If I remember, Beartooth Pass is almost at 12,000' up.

Just rode through there a few weeks ago. Spectacular scenery, especially from a motorcycle.

Great road when it's not closed due to weather, landslides, weather, snow, weather, construction, etc.

We got lucky this year.

AD

i-9LTmZVg-XL.jpg

Reactions: MTO
In crossing the US twice, I still think that's probably the best drive I've ever taken. The road just keeps going up!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga